Water - £200.00 down the drain

This morning BBC news have been making an issue over the increase in our water bill this year (rightly so) Above inflation rises in some areas of the country. So I thought I'd go to the web site and work out how much money I could save (if any) with a water meter fitted.

A whopping £200.00 plus, half of what I'm paying now.

Filled the form in twice as I could not quite believe it, £200.00 thrown down the drain (literally)

Can you benefit from having a water meter fitted? Log on to find out - - -

http://www.ccwater.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.388#

We have been on a meter for 10 years.Great savings,but it does teach you the value of water.A good example as a toilet rule

"if it's yellow let it mellow,if it's brown flush it down".

I think the idea of using 9 litres of drinking water to flush away a small amount of sterile urine borders on madness.

We have a toilet which only flushes for as long as you hold the button down

Water meters annoy me. They should be unnecessary. If everybody were metered the tariff would have to increase to cover the loss of income currently enjoyed from people being overcharged on rates

We have a toilet which only flushes for as long as you hold the button down

Water meters annoy me. They should be unnecessary. If everybody were metered the tariff would have to increase to cover the loss of income currently enjoyed from people being overcharged on rates

Gas and electricity ones annoy me.But I can't find a company happy to supply the stuff for free.

Archived