Frightening Journey home last night, by someone with road rage

I cannot understand why people get so worked up. Yes a quick "what are you doing moron !" is allowed if someone does something daft but let it go. If there was only one in the car and he'd followed me gesticulating for length of time, fight nutter with nuttier.

Stop the car. Dont pull over, just stop the car (don't do this on m'ways). This stops traffic. Get out of the car and walk calmly to his drivers door and ask him to repeat what he's been saying because you can't make it out - what with you being in seperate cars and all. He'll drive off before you finish the sentance. If he had wanted to do you harm he would have got out himself earlier.

Just pointing out that every time you read the person in question's thread it just can't be serious or it's just pure trolling, that's my opinion. :huh:

you mean because I dont tow the "internet personae are funny and anything they say must therefore be hilarious" line?

or the fact I take nothing at face value?

Had the gap been left so that the old gentleman could enter the traffic? If so, I can understand his annoyance. Sounds like he had tunnel vision though when it comes to the nutcase on your offside.

Actually the old fella wasn't waiting to come out of his drive at all. In fact he'd parked his car on the road, and I was directly in front of his car. If he had paused for a few seconds to listen to me, he would have been informed that I had no intention of 'stopping' there, and had only done it, get rid if the 'nutter' on my offside! Which as it turned out worked exactly as I had hoped.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 14:06 ----------

I cannot understand why people get so worked up. Yes a quick "what are you doing moron !" is allowed if someone does something daft but let it go. If there was only one in the car and he'd followed me gesticulating for length of time, fight nutter with nuttier.

Stop the car. Dont pull over, just stop the car (don't do this on m'ways). This stops traffic. Get out of the car and walk calmly to his drivers door and ask him to repeat what he's been saying because you can't make it out - what with you being in seperate cars and all. He'll drive off before you finish the sentance. If he had wanted to do you harm he would have got out himself earlier.

Or drive over me on approaching his vehicle...You never know who you're dealing with. Also, I didn't give him the opportunity to get out himself, cos I made sure the doors were locked and the car at no point actually stopped!

yeah, erm, the police take a dim view of whoever gets out of the car first

[/color]

It does beg the question...I don't know if it would be admissible. :huh:

It is perfectly admissable - I've had one of them a while and the footage was used by the police to bring a charge of drunk driving against someone who nearly wrote my car off. you can get them for as little as £30 from amazon.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 14:32 ----------

Bad idea. If you get out you have no protection against him running you over and it looks like you are escalating the situation. If you have someone wanting to get past, let them, if you have someone following you being aggressive drive to the nearest police station or a place with a lot of people and lights.

It is perfectly admissable - I've had one of them a while and the footage was used by the police to bring a charge of drunk driving against someone who nearly wrote my car off. you can get them for as little as £30 from amazon.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 14:32 ----------

Bad idea. If you get out you have no protection against him running you over and it looks like you are escalating the situation. If you have someone wanting to get past, let them, if you have someone following you being aggressive drive to the nearest police station or a place with a lot of people and lights.

Totally agree getting out is instigating a confrontation as happened some years back on the m25 where the guy got killed due to road rage.

It's obviously just me then that thinks this scenario is funny?

It sounds like something out of a comedy sketch, what with the old fella getting the wrong end of the stick, but getting well stuck in nevertheless, whilst 'the loon' continues to rant and froth over nothing, whilst Pete seemingly says nothing, but presumably sits there like a rabbit caught in the headlights!

The mental picture it gave me made me chuckle.

Archived