Frightening Journey home last night, by someone with road rage

The nutter who followed me last night....I truly believe, had I given him the opportunity to confront me, out of the car, I shudder to think of the consequences...The old fella was just an aberration....even though he ended up screaming like a banshee.

Maybe. It's not a situation I get caught up in very often, but more often than not they change their tune very quickly when confronted. Appologies all round often follow - job done.

He could also be a gun wielding psychopath, but my guess is he'd have already done you in at a set of traffic lights.

I agree! Nothing wrong with a quick burst...not a 30 second non-stop blast.

I've been supremely irritated by some drivers on the road, and given them a blast on the horn and used colourful language. But I wouldn't follow someone nose to tail on their bumper yelling abuse...and generally being really intimidating...I couldn't be bothered!

If the clown who was following you was as close as you say he was, I would have stood on the brakes and get the clown to run into me. He would be prosecuted for causing the accident, as you must maintain a distance behind the vehicle you are following that allows you to pull up in the case of an emergency stop by the vehicle in front. Simples.

Angel.

If the clown who was following you was as close as you say he was, I would have stood on the brakes and get the clown to run into me. He would be prosecuted for causing the accident, as you must maintain a distance behind the vehicle you are following that allows you to pull up in the case of an emergency stop by the vehicle in front. Simples.

Angel.

If the road ahead was clear, you could find yourself being prosecuted.

Angel.

And if he had a camera in teh car, you'd be the one that gets into issues... If you have someone tailgating either let them past, of if they persist just ease off the throttle and slow down until they do go round you.

And if he had a camera in teh car, you'd be the one that gets into issues... If you have someone tailgating either let them past, of if they persist just ease off the throttle and slow down until they do go round you.

I did try slowing, and it wasn't working. He had no intention of passing. I felt my eventual solution was the best...but under pressure, it's hard to think straight!

Archived