Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

How so?

They don't want to interfere in it, they want to be included in it. Why is it clearly not for gays?

The difference between a homosexual realtionship and a heterosexual one is that a heterosexual relationship can bring forth new life. This is no trivial distinction. All human life flows from it. The difference is therefore both fundamental and profound.

But Mr Smith doesn't belong in either camp you see, he is neither for or against gay marriage,

Mr Smith literally doesn't have any opinions, he just comes on here to argue, he's happy to take up whatever position really if it means he gets lots of people to bite.

Kind of like a troll, except I don't think he does it to annoy others, I think he just does it for his own amusement.

The difference between a homosexual realtionship and a heterosexual one is that a heterosexual relationship can bring forth new life. This is no trivial distinction. All human life flows from it. The difference is therefore both fundamental and profound.

Of course it's not a trivial distinction, but what does it have to do with marriage?

Mr Smith literally doesn't have any opinions, he just comes on here to argue, he's happy to take up whatever position really if it means he gets lots of people to bite.

Kind of like a troll, except I don't think he does it to annoy others, I think he just does it for his own amusement.

:huh:

I thought Sheffield forum was a place for discussion.

Or is it a place to express ones opinions so others can mock, ridicule and abuse you for holding such opinions.

Of course it's not a trivial distinction, but what does it have to do with marriage?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 -

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

· Romans 1:26, 27

For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.

· I Timothy 1:10

sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

· Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you:huh:

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 13:42 ----------

sort yer quotin out!

settle down:roll:

:huh:

I thought Sheffield forum was a place for discussion.

Or is it a place to express ones opinions so others can mock, ridicule and abuse you for holding such opinions.

Why don't you start discussing then?

You could start by answering the question I put to you.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 13:46 ----------

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.

sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

· Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you:huh:

Probably because most Christians don't follow much of the Bible, so there is every chance they don't believe those bits either.

If they do believe those bits I think it's important that we have a discussion as to why they are more viable than the bits Christians choose to ignore.

what are you going on about I didn't say anything about islam

Nothing to do with Islam he's talking about traditional Christian marriage.

Both those things are right there in black and white in the bible, in some of the same books as the stuff about homosexuality.

Why don't you start discussing then?

You could start by answering the question I put to you.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 13:46 ----------

Probably because most Christians don't follow much of the Bible, so there is every chance they don't believe those bits either.

If they do believe those bits I think it's important that we have a discussion as to why they are more viable than the bits Christians choose to ignore.

we both know thats not true:)

Do you believe in the sentiments expressed in those passages you have quoted?

Archived