Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Nothing to do with Islam he's talking about traditional Christian marriage.

Both those things are right there in black and white in the bible, in some of the same books as the stuff about homosexuality.

thanks for that jim:thumbsup: I thought barley was trying to turn this in to an islamaphobic wife beating thread

:huh:

I thought Sheffield forum was a place for discussion.

Or is it a place to express ones opinions so others can mock, ridicule and abuse you for holding such opinions.

I am still waiting to hear your views on Max's abusive posts. Was he right or wrong in your view to use such aggressive, bullying tactics?

what are you going on about I didn't say anything about islam

Neither did I. In a traditional CHRISTIAN wedding a woman had to obey her husband in all things and consent to marital rape. Fortunately we have moved on from those times, the question to you is if it was OK to move on from them why not for gay marriage?

jb

we both know thats not true:)

Do we?

I know many Christians who don't accept the parts of the Bible that talk about being gay being a sin.

I also know others that don't accept the O/T, full stop.

What you have done however is avoid my point, if the argument you're putting forward is based on Christians accepting that being gay in the Bible is a 'sin' then we need to establish why they accept that and not other Biblical rulings (as well as what sin actually is, but I'm still waiting for Savannah to answer that from about four days ago).

thanks for that jim:thumbsup: I thought barley was trying to turn this in to an islamaphobic wife beating thread

Nope, domestic abuse was a Christian tradition long before Islam even existed.

It was only in the last half-century or so that marital rape was made illegal (not just in the UK but pretty much everywhere),

So, for over 95% of the existence of Christianity, rape has been a part of traditional Christian marriage.

No, I don't.

Are you suggesting that every Christian does?

are you suggesting that every christian does'nt?

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 14:32 ----------

Do we?

I know many Christians who don't accept the parts of the Bible that talk about being gay being a sin.

I also know others that don't accept the O/T, full stop.

What you have done however is avoid my point, if the argument you're putting forward is based on Christians accepting that being gay in the Bible is a 'sin' then we need to establish why they accept that and not other Biblical rulings (as well as what sin actually is, but I'm still waiting for Savannah to answer that from about four days ago).

isn't the point you accuse me of trying to avoid what the bible and church say about the subject,not the trendy christains you happen to know.

Archived