Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

As am I, but respecting someone's right to hold a view doesn't mean that if you're debating with someone of that view you should avoid applying reason (and in turn expecting reason to be applied).

The difficulty is regarding many posters on the thread is that they hold the view (or are defending those that do) and then when are asked for reasons why simply avoiding the issue. Blatant avoidance then dressing it up as being bullied - it's not bullying, it's perfectly reasonable.

If someone said 'I don't accept gay marriage and don't want to discuss why' I would accept that this is their opinion (despite not agreeing with it), but when they say 'I don't accept gay marriage and I'm going to argue the point but not actually give any reasons as to why' this is a totally different kettle of fish - and this is exactly what has been going on in this thread.

It would seem some of them just choose to come on the thread give an opinion,then make a hasty retreat,because they don't want to get into discussion,it happens all the time.

Or perhaps they intend returning when they get an opportunity,have a look through,and think "too much arguing going on I'm off":)

I remember John Cocker from other threads,and one thing i recall is no one ever gets the better of him. ;)

I always answer any direct question put to me, even if I don't know I acknowledge as much.

Why are you avoiding my question?

Because it's already been answered.

But here's another answer.

I think harvey19 had a good point and I can understand his reasons for not supporting gay marriage, although I got the feeling he wouldn’t actually oppose it either.

It would seem some of them just choose to come on the thread give an opinion,then make a hasty retreat,because they don't want to get into discussion,it happens all the time[/Quote]

and some of them don't, like the ones accusing people of bullying on here, yet they are the very same ones who avoid the questions put to them.

Or perhaps they intend returning when they get an opportunity,have a look through,and think "too much arguing going on I'm off":)[/Quote]

and that's fair enough, but again doesn't apply to those who stick around and avoid giving answers.

I remember John Cocker from other threads,and one thing i recall is no one ever gets the better of him. ;)

They wont do if he avoids things like he is doing on this one.

Archived