Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Here's one, and no one as answered the question yet. :)

I'll gladly answer, I've opposed the discrimination as soon as I was old enough to understand it, and gay people have been discriminated against under all previous governments, yes. And yes, Homophobia, fear of making waves and apathy are to blame.

Now, how about you answer the question that's been put to you several times, I'm interested too.

You say that you think both sides make good points. I would like to know which good points you think exist on the anti-gay marriage side?

Because it's already been answered.

But here's another answer.

I think harvey19 had a good point and I can understand his reasons for not supporting gay marriage, although I got the feeling he wouldn’t actually oppose it either.

Where specifically have you answered the question I put to you?

If you think Harvey wouldn't oppose it is clearly not an example of a good idea from those that oppose gay marriage is it.

Why don't you just answer the question instead of these pitiful attempts at avoiding it?

Where specifically have you answered the question I put to you?

If you think Harvey wouldn't oppose it is clearly not an example of a good idea from those that oppose gay marriage is it.

Why don't you just answer the question instead of these pitiful attempts at avoiding it?

Many people use the same reasons that Harvey presented has their reasons for opposeing gay marriage.

Believing that marriage is the union of one man and one women is a reasonable stance in my opinion and doesn’t make the person holding that opinion a bigot or homophobic.

Many people use the same reasons that Harvey presented has their reasons for opposeing gay marriage.

Believing that marriage is the union of one man and one women is a reasonable stance in my opinion and doesn’t make the person holding that opinion a bigot or homophobic.

Right, at last, we're beginning to get somewhere.

So now we have to investigate what is behind someone who believes marriage should specifically be between one man and one woman.

As you agree that marriage should be the union of one man and one woman why do you think that?

Why is it a reasoned argument?

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 16:22 ----------

I've got to go to work now, have a think Mr Smith and I'll catch up in a bit.

As you agree that marriage should be the union of one man and one woman why do you think that?

Can you not see a difference between what I actually said and what you think I said?

Can you not see a difference between what I actually said and what you think I said?

Saying that you think marriage should be the union of one man and one woman is 'reasonable' is effectively the same as saying you agree that marriage

should be the union of one man and one woman.

You are being asked therefore, why you think it should be one man and one woman.

Are you claiming that to 'agree with' and 'to find reasonable' are not essentially the same?

If you believe it's 'reasonable' to argue that marriage should be the union of one man and one woman that implies that you can back that view with a reason, so, again, why do you think that?

Right, at last, we're beginning to get somewhere.

So now we have to investigate what is behind someone who believes marriage should specifically be between one man and one woman.

Why is it a reasoned argument?

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 16:22 ----------

I've got to go to work now, have a think Mr Smith and I'll catch up in a bit.

In that case why do you think that believing marriage is the union of one man and one women is a reasonable stance?

(Apologies to PaliRich for standing in as his proxy whilst he's unavailable but this is how I guess he might respond to yet more Smithesque evasion- I'll leave any further responses to him.)

I specifically asked you what you thought was a good idea from those opposed to gay marriage.

You said in response to me

Believing that marriage is the union of one man and one women is a reasonable stance in my opinion[/Quote] so in this context I pass you to Mr Halibut
Saying that you think marriage should be the union of one man and one woman is 'reasonable' is effectively the same as saying you agree that marriage should be the union of one man and one woman[/Quote]

and although I appreciate Mike's efforts I know full well you'll try to worm your way out of giving a straight answer so I will merely return to the original question (again) and ask you to respond accordingly.

What do you think are the 'good ideas' that those opposed to gay marriage have?

I specifically asked you what you thought was a good idea from those opposed to gay marriage.

You said in response to me so in this context I pass you to Mr Halibut

and although I appreciate Mike's efforts I know full well you'll try to worm your way out of giving a straight answer so I will merely return to the original question (again) and ask you to respond accordingly.

What do you think are the 'good ideas' that those opposed to gay marriage have?

We will have to agree to disagree, because whatever I type appears to mean something entirely different to me than it means to you.

Archived