Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

For anyone with a belief in God this looks a reasonable reason for opposing gay marriage.

I don't have a belief in God but I respect their right to believe in God and their right to form opinions based on that belief.

Do you respect the opinion or the right to hold an opinion? Do you also respect those opinions to be translated into actions based on something you don't believe in? Hence discrimination and inequality as a result?

I think its time you re-examined your own irrational attitude,because by stating such a remark you obviously need to.Lots of religious people examine their fixed beliefs on many issues and do change their minds very often.

You appear to assume that only the non-religious agree with gay marriage,do a little research and open your mind.

Do you think it was only atheists that backed the bill to legalise gay marriage?:huh:

No I don't believe that.

But I have only seen the religious and the homophobic arguing against it.

For anyone with a belief in God this looks a reasonable reason for opposing gay marriage.

I don't have a belief in God but I respect their right to believe in God and their right to form opinions based on that belief.

If you don't believe in God why have you used an answer from those who do to answer the question 'What do you think are the 'good ideas' that those opposed to gay marriage have?'

Why are you so opposed to answering a simple question?

Among those who oppose same-sex marriage, Gallup asked an open-ended question -- "what are some of the reasons you oppose legal same-sex marriages?" Forty-seven percent of those respondents defended their position on the basis of religious beliefs or the Bible. Another 20 percent said marriage should be between a man and a woman and 16 percent said gay marriage is morally wrong or that they have traditional beliefs about marriage.

Only a few gay marriage opponents said their opposition was based upon the view that civil unions are sufficient (six percent), homosexuality is unnatural or against the laws of nature (five percent), or that gay marriage would undermine the traditional family structure (five percent).

Among those who oppose same-sex marriage, Gallup asked an open-ended question -- "what are some of the reasons you oppose legal same-sex marriages?" Forty-seven percent of those respondents defended their position on the basis of religious beliefs or the Bible. Another 20 percent said marriage should be between a man and a woman and 16 percent said gay marriage is morally wrong or that they have traditional beliefs about marriage.

Only a few gay marriage opponents said their opposition was based upon the view that civil unions are sufficient (six percent), homosexuality is unnatural or against the laws of nature (five percent), or that gay marriage would undermine the traditional family structure (five percent).

and what do you think are the 'good ideas' that those opposed to gay marriage have?

Do you respect the opinion or the right to hold an opinion? Do you also respect those opinions to be translated into actions based on something you don't believe in? Hence discrimination and inequality as a result?

I respect their right to an opinion and think discrimination and inequality is undesirable but an inevitable consequence of human differences.

I notice MrSmith is now, as is his custom (and, funnily enough, so is Maxmaximus'), shifting the goalposts. He is now subtly changing what he meant by nudging away from him thinking those opposing gay marriage have good points/ideas towards him being able to see how they came to their conclusions due to, for example, their faith and to his ability to understand the mechanics of their reasoning without actually agreeing with it.

Dishonest in the extreme.

If you don't believe in God why have you used an answer from those who do to answer the question 'What do you think are the 'good ideas' that those opposed to gay marriage have?'

Why are you so opposed to answering a simple question?

Because you asked me too.

I notice MrSmith is now, as is his custom (and, funnily enough, so is Maxmaximus'), shifting the goalposts. He is now subtly changing what he meant by nudging away from him thinking those opposing gay marriage have good points/ideas towards him being able to see how they came to their conclusions due to, for example, their faith and to his ability to understand the mechanics of their reasoning without actually agreeing with it.

Dishonest in the extreme.

Depressing and tedious in the extreme, too. I cannot understand the motivation behind posters who behave like this.

Archived