Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

You have your opinion and any opinion that is different is labelled irrational.

The truth behind this statement is that I partake in discussion of any opinion that is different, ask pertinent and searching questions, point out what I consider to be logical flaws by providing counter-evidence from sources that I strive to ensure are reputable. Then, after this process the opinion that is different either survives the scrutiny and I accept its validity or it proves itself to be irrational.

You will never understand the people that oppose gay marriage because your own opinions and prejudices are two deeply ingrained.

Do you have any evidence that I have prejudices? I thought you were steadfastly opposed to pointing out prejudice as it was rude and you were brought up not to do that.

Please MrSmith! Stop bullying and abusing me! There is only one word for you pointing out that you think I am prejudiced and that is oppression!;)

Shame on you.:hihi:

(Anything sound familiar?)

The truth behind this statement is that I partake in discussion of any opinion that is different, ask pertinent and searching questions, point out what I consider to be logical flaws by providing counter-evidence from sources that I strive to ensure are reputable. Then, after this process the opinion that is different either survives the scrutiny and I accept its validity or it proves itself to be irrational.

Do you have any evidence that I have prejudices? I thought you were steadfastly opposed to pointing out prejudice as it was rude and you were brought up not to do that.

Please MrSmith! Stop bullying and abusing me! There is only one word for you pointing out that you think I am prejudiced and that is oppression!;)

Shame on you.:hihi:

(Anything sound familiar?)

That wasn’t my intension so I apologise and because it’s apparent I will never be able to express myself in a way that you and a few of the others can understand, I will refrain from any further attempts.

That wasn’t my intension so I apologise and because it’s apparent I will never be able to express myself in a way that you and a few of the others can understand, I will refrain from any further attempts.

So you are running away rather than answer the questions put to you.

Thank you for proving the point I made about positions that, in the face of scrutiny, show themselves to be irrational.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 20:33 ----------

If only, but no you wont...you like it to much.

I wonder if Maxmaximus will return to fill the breach with a little max evasion. Or should that be max avoidance? Max planning?

Of course it's not a trivial distinction, but what does it have to do with marriage?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 -

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

· Romans 1:26, 27

For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.

· I Timothy 1:10

sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

· Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you:huh:

That's a lot of cut & paste just to try and distract from the question I asked

I wasn't trying to distract from the question at all I thought it obvious thats one of the reasons why most christians get married its all part and parcel of the thing, get married have kids.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 05:07 ----------

now can you answer my question?

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you

Corinthians 6:9-10 -

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

· Romans 1:26, 27

For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.

· I Timothy 1:10

sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

· Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you

For all the usual reasons I expect. Besides marriage doesn't have to involve the church at all.

I wasn't trying to distract from the question at all I thought it obvious thats one of the reasons why most christians get married its all part and parcel of the thing, get married have kids.

I asked why you think marriage is about having children, you haven't answered yet

You first

Could you explain to us what Christians have to do with the ability to get married?

Hundreds of people including some SF members understand my use the English language, and it’s always the same members that find my use of English difficult to understand, especially when I am disagreeing with them.

I think it’s a reasonable reason for not supporting gay marriage.

Do you agree with it?

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 08:48 ----------

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 05:07 ----------

I already answered it for you, marriage is not an exclusively Christian thing, it's not even an exclusively religious thing.

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 08:49 ----------

You refused to actually express an opinion for about 10 pages now.

Archived