Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

I asked why you think marriage is about having children, you haven't answered yet

I'm still waiting for him to reply to my post #1129

Let's get back to the point I made which was we need to establish why those against gay marriage accept the Biblical passages that suggest homosexuality is wrong and not other Biblical rulings.

Have you any idea why they do this?[/Quote]

Have we got another Mr Smith?

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 09:30 ----------

Mr Smith.

In post #1047 you said

I am of the opinion that both sides of the argument have good points[/Quote]

I asked you in post #1048 what good points do you think the anti gay marriage brigade have so we could dissect them to understand their rational.

I have asked you the question 13 times in all, many other posters like Mike and FJ, and others have also promted you to answer the question and you have avoided doing so at every turn.

So I will try a 14th time, to avoid confusion, which you claim is being caused by posters not understanding your responses, it would be helpful for you to list what you think are the good points, so;

1, ....

2, ....

etc, this will avoid anyone misunderstanding between what you think are good points (those points you agree with) and those you merely respect them for because it's their opinion and they have a right to hold it.

If you aren't going to answer the question just say 'I don't want to answer' and we'll leave it at that, but please stop trying to wriggle out of it because you really are becoming exceptionally tedious.

now can you answer my question?

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you

Corinthians 6:9-10 -

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

· Romans 1:26, 27

For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.

· I Timothy 1:10

sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

· Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

I have no idea but that is up to them isn't it?

Perhaps they want to reform from within? Perhaps their personal relationship with their god supercedes all of the bigoted rhetoric? Perhaps all of the Christians they associate with are progressive and enlightened and reject all of that bigotry? Perhaps they want to get married in the same church as their parents? Perhaps there are a million and one reasons that we can't fathom because we are not in their shoes?

Perhaps, in light of the OP, the most pertinent question is why is it any of your damned business?

Everything's gone quiet :o

Anyone would think that those opposed to same sex marriage haven't got a reasoned argument to put forward on the subject.

Or maybe it's just because those in favour are such horrible bullies and bigots that they have just left the thread to escape the torment :huh:

Everything's gone quiet :o

Anyone would think that those opposed to same sex marriage haven't got a reasoned argument to put forward on the subject.

Or maybe it's just because those in favour are such horrible bullies and bigots that they have just left the thread to escape the torment :huh:

Oh! Won't someone think of the children?!!!!:hihi:

I tend to think it is the former. I am still aghast at the audacity of some of those opposing same-sex marriage and their apologists and advocates claiming victimhood on this thread. It certainly is one of the more despicable tactics I have thus far encountered.

It would be nice to hear the views of others..we already know the agenda of Mr SmithMax.,,Jimmy made that one clear a few posts back. I see no point to the thread in goading him back.

It would be nice to hear the views of others I agree. It would also be nice if those like UncoVer, Mr Smith and Savannah had the courtesy to answer reasonable questions put to them.

It would be nice to hear the views of others I agree. It would also be nice if those like UncoVer, Mr Smith and Savannah had the courtesy to answer reasonable questions put to them.

Well I for one are thankful of the lack of courtesy in this instance..simply because I can anticipate the reply....no enlightenment in that.

Archived