Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Well I for one are thankful of the lack of courtesy in this instance..simply because I can anticipate the reply....no enlightenment in that.

Alas I am ever hopeful that he may change, I fear I'm being too optimistic but it would be nice if just once a straight answer was forthcoming.

By the way just for clarification when I wrote UncoVer I meant JohnCocker but my predictive text had other ideas!

Alas I am ever hopeful that he may change, I fear I'm being too optimistic but it would be nice if just once a straight answer was forthcoming.

By the way just for clarification when I wrote UncoVer I meant JohnCocker but my predictive text had other ideas!

Your predictive text usually so Freudian then?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 -

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

· Romans 1:26, 27

For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless.

· I Timothy 1:10

sexually immoral people, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers – in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

· Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

seriously if you are gay why would you want to to get married by an organization that thinks these things of you:huh:

John it wouldn't be just homosexuals that wouldn't wish to get married in the church if they took that passage from the new testament so literally without having knowledge of the period.

I've just been looking at it,and considering what events might have been going on at that time that led the apostles to make those statements.If there was widespread sexual immorality happening at the time,which was believed to be having a negative impact on the rest of society,it might be better understood why such statements were made.Note that heterosexuals were not excluded from judgement.

Not only that homosexuality would not have been understood as it is now would it?,so the possibility of a loving comitted relationship between two people of the same sex wouldn't have been considered.

Paul the apostle( who incidentally wrote some lovely versus that are often chosen to be read out at weddings and funerals) had formerly been a Jewish Pharasee who it is said had been responsible for some of the persecutions inflicted on the early followers of Jesus, though there isn't any reference in the bible that he ever met Jesus.

Those regions were still in the control of Roman occupation at the time,and even though Paul had become a christian it would be surprising if he would have rejected all the strict Jewish customs of his heritage.

Here we go.....

The Welsh Secretary said in an interview that

"I regard marriage as an institution that has developed over many centuries, essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners can't do"

Er yes they can Mr Jones, they already do.

He went onto say that he had important people in his life who are gay - a bit like someone who prefixes a racist remark with "some of my best friends are black".

Anyway I wonder if Mr Jones has told those 'important people in his life' that they would make unfit parents?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/feb/15/gay-couples-children-welsh-secretary

Archived