Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Definately my last post.

I have comprehensively and logicaly explained my reasons against same sex marriage in this thread.

I answered questions put to me.

No you didn't

Explained what I meant by equal but different.

I have used facts in my reasons.

"Equal but different" was shown to be a fallacy

No where have I used homophobia, bigotry or discrimination.

Yes you have

Others may have opposing views but I would wish they would respect my views as I am expected to respect theirs in a debate which is about airing different views and perceptions.

I respect your right to an opinion, but if you're going to try to use them as the basis of an argument which prevents equality, they have to stand up to scrutiny, which they don't.

N

I respect your right to an opinion, but if you're going to try to use them as the basis of an argument which prevents equality, they have to stand up to scrutiny, which they don't.

No they don't but that’s a different discussion, the reasons for supporting gay marriage don’t stand up to scrutiny but then there is no requirement for them too.

No they don't but that’s a different discussion,

Of course they do, if the basis of someone's argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny, then they have no argument.

the reasons for supporting gay marriage don’t stand up to scrutiny but then there is no requirement for them too.

Oh, this is a new one, go on then, how does "equal rights" not stand up to scrutiny?

Of course they do, if the basis of someone's argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny, then they have no argument.

Oh, this is a new one, go on then, how does "equal rights" not stand up to scrutiny?

Who decides that it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny?

:huh: No idea what you’re talking about, it’s your stance that gay marriage is necessary to give gay people equal rights that doesn't stand up to scutiny.

Who decides that it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny?

If person A gives their reasons and person B shows the reasons to be false use incorrect facts/broken logic and person A can't provide an explanation or argument to counter this, in terms of debate and discussion, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

:huh: No idea what you’re talking about, it’s your stance that gay marriage is necessary to give gay people equal rights that doesn't stand up to scutiny.

Please explain how

If person A gives their reasons and person B shows the reasons to be false use incorrect facts/broken logic and person A can't provide an explanation or argument to counter this, in terms of debate and discussion, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Please explain how

It’s very likely that person B will be biased though so what you need is someone that is impartial.

However if you think that one day every State will legalize gay marriage you must be dreaming. Many States are Conservative and Republican in their sympathies especially those on the mid-west.

Many states used to be racist, but the opposition to black people marrying slowly evaporated. It takes time, and it will never be complete, but it will. There is no reason why a man in Maine should have different legal rights to a Texan, or a Californian.

The issue isnt whether gay marriage should be legalized or not.

Yes it is. :)

Each State has the right to decide for or against it but the issue here is should religious institutions be co-erced or pressured to marry gay couples in their places of worship.

No, the issue here is whether the state has any place to stop gay people marrying. It is because the US is secular that this law will come in. It doesn't matter what your church going neighbours think, because they have no right to stop anyone marrying because of their religious belief.

Society will be a much happier and healthier place if everybody minds their own business as far as religious and marriage beliefs are concerned

It certainly will. When two men can marry and no church or hate group can oppose it, that will be a very great day for society.

:)

[Link to original post]

Its matters because a biased persons judgment is usually clouded by their bias.

We're not talking about judgement, we're talking about person A being able to offer a counter. If they can't then they have no argument, why do you insist on trying to deviate when you don't have a counter?

Archived