Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

I'm not getting back onto this with you.

Regarding John he didn't answer.

Regarding you it is blatantly obvious to most people I see debating with you (or trying) that you purposefully avoid answering - nothing to do with them not understanding your posts.

I used to think you may just see things differently but I have had enough conversations with you to know you selectively quote things to suit your own opinion - those who have a different way of seeing things have no need to selectively quote to back up their viewpoint - it's one of your primary methods of debate - and thus one of the major reasons I suspect you know you can't back up what you're saying.

I'm going down the Lockjaw route now - I'm going to largely ignore you - if enough of us do it maybe you'll be more honest in your debating and rid yourself of this 'I'm misunderstood' persona you've created for yourself.

I'm not getting back onto this with you.

Regarding John he didn't answer.

Regarding you it is blatantly obvious to most people I see debating with you (or trying) that you purposefully avoid answering - nothing to do with them not understanding your posts.

I used to think you may just see things differently but I have had enough conversations with you to know you selectively quote things to suit your own opinion - those who have a different way of seeing things have no need to selectively quote to back up their viewpoint - it's one of your primary methods of debate - and thus one of the major reasons I suspect you know you can't back up what you're saying.

I'm going down the Lockjaw route now - I'm going to largely ignore you - if enough of us do it maybe you'll be more honest in your debating and rid yourself of this 'I'm misunderstood' persona you've created for yourself.

I agree entirely. Mr Smith clearly has no interest in honest debate and is here for his own entertainment.

I have little time for people who merely wish to antagonise others and be deliberately obtuse.

Its odd that I only have this problem with a minority of members.

I selectively quote because some parts of a post aren’t worth discussing; because either I agree with it or think it’s irrelevant to the discussion. Notice how I selected not to respond to the first part of your post.

I have suggested you do that on several occasions since you always misunderstand me.

---------- Post added 18-02-2013 at 16:30 ----------

I agree entirely. Mr Smith clearly has no interest in honest debate and is here for his own entertainment.

I have little time for people who merely wish to antagonise others and be deliberately obtuse.

:wow: I would love for you to stop antagoniseing other members, put me on your ignore list please.

Its odd that I only have this problem with a minority of members.

Since there are tens of thousands of members that's hardly surprising, but were we to ask the question ''Do you believe MrSmith to be deliberately obtuse and wilfully tiresome?'' I think we'd find a great many in agreement.

Moderator Note:

I have asked nicely for you to refrain from bickering with each other. This latest exchange has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic being discussed. If you vehemently disagree with each other, then just leave it. There's no point in circular arguments, which are nothing to do with the topic.

I stopped following the thread some time ago, could you point me at the post where you answered the question?

To be fair to Mr Smith, he accepted (although begrudgingly and in his own unique way) that he didn't think the anti gay marriage brigade had 'good ideas' after all.

We did agree that he had accepted this and I was happy with his consent.

Archived