Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

It’s a loaded question

Please explain how it's a loaded question

with no relevance to the topic

of course it's relevant to the topic. It is an equivelant (equal but different) comparison of two people who get the same as everyone else but have to call it something different.

to you which has already been answered, maybe not to your liking but it has been answered on more than one occasion and constantly repeating the question won’t change the answer or make it relevant.

Then why has nobody seen these answers?

Who are these "many people" who have answered, as I said, there is only yourself and Johncocker who gave any kind of response to the question, with no actual answer.

Why are you so reluctant to clarify?

Please show me a post and highlight the exact words which provide a clear answer to the question.

It’s already stifled, why would anyone want to enter a discussion in which they will receive verbal abuse?

I entered this one just so I could remind everyone who thinks it's ok to post their hatred of LGBT people that it isn't ok, and there are people who are prepared to call it for what it is: bigotry and homophobia.

Let's all remind ourselves of some of the choice examples of that I dug out hundreds of pages ago and take a minute to consider whether it's me calling out bigotry that's abusive, or whether, as an LGBT person, having to read this uneducated bile that accuses people like me of being a disgusting abomination is - perhaps - a bit closer to a reasonable definition of abusive?

Please explain how it's a loaded question

Because Black people aren’t being told to call a seat a place.

Gay people aren’t being told they have to call their partnership a civil partnership, they can choose to enter a civil partnership or not.

Heterosexuals aren’t being told they have to call their partnership, marriage, they can choose to get married or not.

Many things that are similar or the same are called by different names.

No one is being forced to do anything, no one is being discriminated against, and no one is being treated unfairly.

of course it's relevant to the topic. It is an equivelant (equal but different) comparison of two people who get the same as everyone else but have to call it something different.
No it isn't.

Then why has nobody seen these answers?

Who are these "many people" who have answered, as I said, there is only yourself and Johncocker who gave any kind of response to the question, with no actual answer.

Because you either choose not to see them or don't accept them as an answer.

Why are you so reluctant to clarify?

Please show me a post and highlight the exact words which provide a clear answer to the question.

Because its getting boring being asked and answering the same irrelevant question, over and over again.

It’s already stifled, why would anyone want to enter a discussion in which they will receive verbal abuse?

Why would anyone consider it abuse to have their prejudices accurately described?

---------- Post added 22-02-2013 at 17:03 ----------

Because Black people aren’t being told to call a seat a place.

Gay people aren’t being told they have to call their partnership a civil partnership, they can choose to enter a civil partnership or not.

Heterosexuals aren’t being told they have to call their partnership, marriage, they can choose to get married or not.

Many things that are similar or the same are called by different names.

No one is being forced to do anything, no one is being discriminated against, and no one is being treated unfairly.

If a particular ceremony and institution is not open to a segment of the population based on sexual orientation then they clearly are being discriminated against.

It's getting boring correcting you on this issue time and time again, but you apparently can't get your head around the concept of equality.

I entered this one just so I could remind everyone who thinks it's ok to post their hatred of LGBT people that it isn't ok, and there are people who are prepared to call it for what it is: bigotry and homophobia.

Let's all remind ourselves of some of the choice examples of that I dug out hundreds of pages ago and take a minute to consider whether it's me calling out bigotry that's abusive, or whether, as an LGBT person, having to read this uneducated bile that accuses people like me of being a disgusting abomination is - perhaps - a bit closer to a reasonable definition of abusive?

The topic is about gay marriage, it wouldn’t be possible to discus gay marriage if no one expresses their opinion on gay marriage. If you find opposition to gay marriage offensive maybe it would have been netter not to read the topic. Name calling doesn’t further the discussion, it doesn’t change people’s opinion but will suppress discussion, which is counterproductive on a form for discussion.

Why would anyone consider it abuse to have their prejudices accurately described?

I doubt you would ever understand.

If a particular ceremony and institution is not open to a segment of the population based on sexual orientation then they clearly are being discriminated against.

If every ceremony and institution was open to everyone then you would have a point.

I doubt you would ever understand.

If you don't explain then that's guaranteed isn't it!

If every ceremony and institution was open to everyone then you would have a point.

I do have a point.

The fact that they aren't all open to everyone doesn't justify inequality, it just demonstrates it.

As this became bogged down in avoidance tactics I'll ask again.

To all those who are against same sex marriage

I welcome open and honest respondents:

If you are against same sex marriage, or you think those that are have legitimate reasons for being so would you mind detailing those reasons in a list format so we can go into each one on its own merit.

For example;

1. first reason

2. second reason

etc.

and (this is the important bit) sticking around so that when I pose follow up questions to establish the rational behind those reasons we can have an actual debate.

I'm not interested in calling you names, I am interested in actually getting to the core of the rational behind why people are against same sex union.

Thankyou in advance.

Name calling doesn’t further the discussion, it doesn’t change people’s opinion but will suppress discussion, which is counterproductive on a form for discussion.

In light of the above comment MrSmith, how about you cast your eye over the posts below, that you have very conveniently ignored, and answer the questions asked?

I am still waiting to hear your views on Max's abusive posts. Was he right or wrong in your view to use such aggressive, bullying tactics?

And while you're at it, how about offering your opinion Max's abusive posts? You're being unusually reticent to offer an opinion on another poster's abusive conduct. Can't imagine why.

Do you think that Max used bullying, aggressive tactics in the examples I quoted to you in post 1053?

To make it even easier for you, here is post 1053 detailing the various abuses Maxmaximus perpetrated upon his fellow posters -

What do you think of quotes like this MrSmith?

Again you demonstrate your stupidity

Isn’t that just no good reason in your opinion, to them, they have a good reason which you are incapable of understanding.

Not you too, I imagined you had more intelligence; anyway does the dumbed down version help you to understand it.

My understanding of the word bigot is that it means to demonstrate intolerance towards someone because of their opposing opinions, and as nothing to do with them just having an opinion that you find distasteful. There is only one group on here showing such intolerance and I'm afraid you are in that group.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 07:54 ----------

Why are posts such as this tolerated by the mods, yet when I answer it my answer is removed, the fact my response was removed and didn’t break any rules would demonstrate some intolerance to my opinion on you.

There's a word for that, Bigoted.

Surely you must disapprove?

Archived