Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

To be fair, he was saying something wasn't he - perhaps not in a way that was agreeable to you.

Perhaps I could put it a little more delicately?

Does the notion of two women making love revolt you in a physical sense as with gay men, or do you find it arousing - as many men do?

As I have said many times, some folks' men's attitudes to Gay people puzzles me...

Two men kissing... Ugh, disgusting! Ban it!

Two women kissing? Ah, now, that'll be £9.99 on the adult channel, ta very much!

Marriage as a concept is the joining of a man and a woman in holy matrimony. It's that simple and I dont know why there is a discussion about it :confused:

Like a cheese omelette is the joining of plain omelette and cheese. You cant make a cheese omelette with either just plain omelette or just cheese. You can however have the two together on a plate to get a very similar taste but it isnt a cheese omelette.

That's a lovely analogy, but it fails on a couple of points.

Firstly You make cheese omelettes, the eggs and cheese do not conspire to rent a frying pan & invite their condiment themed friends along to watch them jump into the hot fat together and congeal.

Secondly, a cheese omelette is very much a thing. A marriage is an abstract, a process, it is not the sum of its ingredients or an end result. You cannot divide a marriage equally between three people, but with a cheese omelette, this is a bagatelle.

Finally, it's none of your business. If the clergy are willing, and happy to overlook all the hatstand nonsense in leviticus (they ignore most of it, but happen to fixate on a couple of moral hangups), and the participants are willing, and to quote a wiser man than me

"Whatever you have to do to have a good time, let's get on with it, so long as it doesn't cause a murder."

As I have said many times, some folks' men's attitudes to Gay people puzzles me...

Two women kissing? Ah, now, that'll be £9.99 on the adult channel, ta very much!

no doubt you'll be bringing this up with your brothers and sisters down the mosque this friday:D

Day 2. Oh the horror.

I wake up and look out of my window to see a new era of tribal warfare erupt on our streets. The spokes people agreed on one point - now that two people of the same sex can marry then human beings have no future on planet earth and we're now all in a state of total war.

This is the price we must pay, to allow 2 men to make a decision that doesn't affect us. If we make it to day 3, I dread to think of the evil that awaits us.

£9.99 ?

You must have safe search on. :hihi:

It’s not that puzzling when you understand how our brains work and that fantasy is a normal part of human sexual behaviour, with different people finding different things a sexual turn on, or turn off. How boring the world would be if we all liked and disliked the same things, it’s even normal for some people to be intolerant of those people that are different to themselves.

I hope it doesn’t shock you too much but some women even fantasise about their male partner being with another man, and find lesbians repulsive, but it’s normal and nothing to worry about.

I have sad news. Two good friends of mine are divorcing. They said that if two men that they don't know, living anywhere from next door to Brighton High Street to the Shetland Isles - that now these men can also marry they saw no point carrying on their own loving and commited relationship. It's sad but this is the price society pays for letting people do something that doesn't directly affect us in any way shape or form. It's the end of marriage in Britain as we know it.

Do you seriously mean that a man and woman are divorcing each other simply because gay marriage has become legal?

The point of our marriage is the relationship between my wife and myself; the law could allow anything (nude bathing in Trafalgar Square, torturing of cats, motorists to drive at 100 mph in cities, .....); none of that affects our love for each other, and our determination to stay together.

If your friends really see no point in staying together, they should have divorced whatever the laws on homosexuality.

BTW, you didn't just make them up, did you?

Archived