Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Yep people marry because they love each other

Historically it marriage was about the unification of two families or clans, and many marriages still have little to do with love.

---------- Post added 07-02-2013 at 18:09 ----------

Would that be something like the majority of 400 people in parliament who voted to allow same sex marriage ?

Over the 175 people who voted to keep it different ?

Do you have some statistics to back up your assertion or is it just a guess ?

It has been the accepted norm for hundreds of years, that doesn't mean it shouldn't change, but it is still the accepted norm amongst the 7 billion people on the planet.

Historically it marriage was about the unification of two families or clans, and many marriages still have little to do with love.
So people loving each other is not a reason for getting married.

Because it's traditional that people marry for other reasons.

These are good traditions are they, we need to keep them ?

It has been the accepted norm for hundreds of years, that doesn't mean it shouldn't change, but it is still the accepted norm amongst the 7 billion people on the planet.
Really, you have statistics of all 7 billion people ?

---------- Post added 07-02-2013 at 18:11 ----------

Time for my tea, I'll be back later

I refer you to the Rosa Parks discussion I had with buck.

"You people can have your ceremony which is different to everyone elses ceremony"

Is discrimination, nothing less.

And if discrimination will always exist then I will always stand up against it.

The ceremony isn't different it’s just the name that different, using Rosy Parks as an example, she would have been able to sit on any seat she liked but whist sat on it, it would be a black persons seat, once she moved and a white person sat on it, it would be called a white person seat, if she came back and sat on it again, it would once again be called a black persons seat. Same seat different name. Silly I know, but not discrimination.

The ceremony isn't different it’s just the name that different, using Rosy Parks as an example, she would have been able to sit on any seat she liked but whist sat on it, it would be a black persons seat, once she moved and a white person sat on it, it would be called a white person seat, if she came back and sat on it again, it would once again be called a black persons seat. Same seat different name. Silly I know, but not discrimination.

I wish I'd not bought those tickets for Harry Hill now, far more absurdity here.

Unbelievable.

So in your view the relationship between marriage partners has nothing to do with childbirth. Birds marry for life needing no ceremony, and what happens when two male birds meet, they fight, just like two lions. I don't know about the lionesses, I doubt there are many lesbians. They're too busy chasing zebras for the old man's supper. Rosa Parks struck a blow for a suppressed people. I don't know that she would have been impressed with homosexual marriage. What she did was face possible death for what she did. Not the same thing at all. Being male or female is a two tier system itself.

Here's a list of birds that display homosexual behavior.

Sometimes they even raise children together!

And here's a video of some Lesbian lions (not graphic)

There's plenty of actual data out there about homosexuality in Lions and pretty much all mammals, but I'll let you google that on your own, I just thought that video was cute and it was the top result on my search!

Consider your point completely rebutted.

There are plenty of churches who do not fundamentally disagree with homosexuality.

Being anti-gay is no more fundamental to Christianity than stoning adulterers to death is.

They're both right there in black and white in the bible but loads and loads of modern Christians are happy to pretend they aren't, which we can all be glad for.

http://southwestminneapolis.patch.com/articles/replay-dayton-calls-for-same-sex-marriage

Last night Gov. Mark Dayton, a Presbyterian, made a plea for the lawmakers to legalize same-sex marriage in Minnesota.

"Let me mention one other cause, which is controversial, but consistent with my faith and my principles. And, more importantly, consistent with this country’s founding principles and its Constitution. I believe that every Minnesotan should have the freedom to marry legally the person she or he loves, whether of the same or other sex.

Last year, Minnesotans began a conversation about why marriage matters, and we found our common belief that it is about love, commitment, and responsibility. I want Minnesota to be a state, which affirms that freedom for one means freedom for everyone, and where no one is told it is illegal to marry the person you love".

But then religious people will be discriminated against!

And I suspect there are more of them so it makes sense to discriminate against the minority and not the majority. :)

---------- Post added 07-02-2013 at 18:53 ----------

Here's a list of birds that display homosexual behavior.

Sometimes they even raise children together!

And here's a video of some Lesbian lions (not graphic)

There's plenty of actual data out there about homosexuality in Lions and pretty much all mammals, but I'll let you google that on your own, I just thought that video was cute and it was the top result on my search!

Consider your point completely rebutted.

Our dogs are always trying to bonk each other; proof indeed that homosexuality isn't just a human condition.

Archived