Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Things aren't changing because of this circular thread, they are changing because the PM has taken a principled stand on an anachronism. It's sorted. What else is there to discuss on the issue?

Quite a bit actually.

I noticed that Iain Dale knows of 12 beckbench MPs who he claims are secretly gay and married but are going to vote against the plans - he says they 'risk being outed' if they plan to vote against the plans.

He asks: 'How is it possible to be married yourself, and yet at the same time vote to deny that privilege to someone whose pants you have just pulled down?’ Quite so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...--married.html

Are you mad? Everyone can do as they please as far as I'm concerned, marry, don't marry, walk the streets naked and have sex in public, none of which bothers me at all, where as you appear quite upset that some people don't share you opinion, you even call them names for holding a different position. Last time I checked that would make you the bigot.

That's clearly not the case as anyone who has read your posts will clearly understand.

Quite a bit actually.

I noticed that Iain Dale knows of 12 beckbench MPs who he claims are secretly gay and married but are going to vote against the plans - he says they 'risk being outed' if they plan to vote against the plans.

He asks: 'How is it possible to be married yourself, and yet at the same time vote to deny that privilege to someone whose pants you have just pulled down?’ Quite so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...--married.html

was that a slip of the typo, or did you mean to put it? Either way, ive never laughed so hard:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Are you mad? Everyone can do as they please as far as I'm concerned, marry, don't marry, walk the streets naked and have sex in public, none of which bothers me at all, where as you appear quite upset that some people don't share you opinion, you even call them names for holding a different position. Last time I checked that would make you the bigot.

I'm not calling you names, I'm using a simple evidenced fact. If I was calling you names I'd have called you a stupid bigot, a cap which fits well on the basis of your last post.

In an ideal world that would be good but we don’t live in an ideal world so discrimination is inevitable.

If bob want to marry tom in his local church but the church won’t marry him because he’s gay they are discriminating against him because of his sexuality. But if we force the church to marry BOB then the church is being discriminated st for having the belief that homosexuality is a sin and not condoned by God.

Here you take a silly position that is akin to a shopkeeper selling crisps to everyone but refusing to sell the Bournville to anyone wearing trainers. Its all in your head, just like the shopkeepers bizzarre decision. Change it from wearing trainers to having black skin and it suddenly takes on new meaning. The hypocrisy of the church and many of its adherents is still more baffling.

Things aren't changing because of this circular thread, they are changing because the PM has taken a principled stand on an anachronism. It's sorted. What else is there to discuss on the issue?

Well there is this:

David Cameron has won battle on gay marriage - but not the war, Tory MPs warn. PM faces battle to push Bill through Lords as rebels begin tabling major amendments.

Then there's the issue of winning the right for heterosexual couples to choose civil partnerships if they choose.

Every successful eradication of unfair discrimination has come about because of argument, and every successful argument has been met with both opposition and the dismissal of "why bother, you'll never convince the other side" and yet change happens.

Don't credit the politicians for gawds sake, they are just a weighing machine. They only act in accordance with social opinion, they rarely directly influence it.

I'm not calling you names, I'm using a simple evidenced fact. If I was calling you names I'd have called you a stupid bigot, a cap which fits well on the basis of your last post.

Here you take a silly position that is akin to a shopkeeper selling crisps to everyone but refusing to sell the Bournville to anyone wearing trainers. Its all in your head, just like the shopkeepers bizzarre decision. Change it from wearing trainers to having black skin and it suddenly takes on new meaning. The hypocrisy of the church and many of its adherents is still more baffling.

Again you demonstrate your stupidity, I have taken a position about anything, and I didn't accuse you of calling me names.

I think you mistake me for someone that thinks gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, when in fact I'm not bothered one way or the other. Maybe reading through the topic would prevent you from making further ridiculous assumptions.

Well there is this:

David Cameron has won battle on gay marriage - but not the war, Tory MPs warn. PM faces battle to push Bill through Lords as rebels begin tabling major amendments.

Then there's the issue of winning the right for heterosexual couples to choose civil partnerships if they choose.

Every successful eradication of unfair discrimination has come about because of argument, and every successful argument has been met with both opposition and the dismissal of "why bother, you'll never convince the other side" and yet change happens.

Don't credit the politicians for gawds sake, they are just a weighing machine. They only act in accordance with social opinion, they rarely directly influence it.

It just seems like an endless barrage of whining to me and the sooner it's over the better. Tedium heaped upon tedium.

Archived