Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

He opposes it. Nearly 70 posts and his words scream opposition. The man's just a coward who won't declare his position. He hides behind his odd linguistic gymnastics.

No they aren't.

You do understand that this a place for discussion, and since the pro gay marriage group have abused the against gay marriage group to the point they don’t want to discuss the issue any longer, I am simply filling the void.

Neither side as a reasonable argument to justify their stance in my opinion.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 16:37 ----------

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

What rights does a married couple have that a gay civil partnership doesn't have?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 16:38 ----------

They are not the same, if they were they would have the same description.

What is your objection to changing the law so that they have the same description?

They are the same and I don't have an objection.

Just because he doesn't like some thing it doesn't make him a bigot. phew! if anyone doesn't agree with something on this forum, your either called a bigot or a troll. :huh:

He expressed bigotry in very clear terms. Read the rest of my reply too. I don't mind bigots, it takes all sorts. If the cap fits there's nowt wrong with wearing it!

Why do two institutions need to exist in order to cater for equality?

They don’t but that’s a better question to ask law makes that came up with civil partnerships.

To me the created something that is the same in every sense apart from the name, maybe to appease the group that believe marriage is the union of man and women.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 16:47 ----------

Max, that was a needless dig.

I have been back through this entire thread three times now and done my level best to follow your logic. To be frank I feel like I'm stuck in a revolving door.

If you're going to dumb it down please do it intelligibly because I would like to be able to say I see where you're coming from on this issue. :)

Sadly everyone’s cognitive abilities are different and understanding doesn’t come so easy for some.

If you have a specific question about anything I have typed I will try to clarify.

Different people can form different opinion from the same information, it’s just the way our brain work, and we are all different. Not the same but equal.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 16:49 ----------

Just because he doesn't like some thing it doesn't make him a bigot. phew! if anyone doesn't agree with something on this forum, your either called a bigot or a troll. :huh:

You will never get them to accept that because they are too bigoted.

You do understand that this a place for discussion, and since the pro gay marriage group have abused the against gay marriage group to the point they don’t want to discuss the issue any longer, I am simply filling the void.

Neither side as a reasonable argument to justify their stance in my opinion.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 16:37 ----------

Yes they are.

What rights does a married couple have that a gay civil partnership doesn't have?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 16:38 ----------

They are the same and I don't have an objection.

No they are not the same.

For your further edification I give you this... http://www.civilpartnerships.org.uk/CivilPartnershipsGeneral.htm

and this...http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/same

Hope this helps. :)

Maybe it's finally time to stop feeding the troll! I'm feeling dizzy on this merry-go-round.

Is it Rosa Park's Merry-Go-Round?

She owns whatever she sits on, so I've read.

However. You are correct.

*runs away to do something more enjoyable, like eat a razor blade, or a Findus Lasagne*

Archived