Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

You appear to be obstinately convinced of the correctness of your own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions.

I’m sure there’s a word for that.

So, as an example... if a "group" of White people object to a family of Asians moving into their neighborhood based on race you see them as a "group" rather than a "group" of racists?

And purleeese..be careful when using the term "obstinately" as it's quite clear it's biting you in the backside.

I'll take you up on that..all of it btw.

I'll have a go. Let's see how close I get.

Rosa Parks had a bus. E-I-E-I-O

and on that bus there was a seat. E-I-E-I-O

With a "can't sit here".

"Can't sit there."

There's a seat.

Not your seat.

Those are not for coloured seats.

Rosa Parks she had a bus. E-I-E-I-Ooooooooooooooooooooh.

*takes a bow*

If you were around at the time you'd probably be saying she's equal because she's allowed on the bus.

Her name was Rosa by the way.

No I wouldn't and it wasn't my analogy, all I did with my post was point out that the analogy was flawed.

In the analogy Rosa had to sit in different seats to the white people, whereas gay people can use the same seats, building and clerks that the heterosexual people use. To compare the two it would means Rosa could sit in the same seats as the white people as long as the seat was called something else whilst she was sat in it.

But sadly it went right over your head.

I'm intrigued to see a dumb statement dumbed down...really. As Chris says though, I think we are about to enter a linguistic equivalent of the "Twilight Zone".

Should be interesting.

I don't think that it can be done. I'll be well impressed if he/she manages it though.

No I wouldn't and it wasn't my analogy, all I did with my post was point out that the analogy was flawed.

In the analogy Rosa had to sit in different seats to the white people, whereas gay people can use the same seats, building and clerks that the heterosexual people use. To compare the two it would means Rosa could sit in the same seats as the white people as long as the seat was called something else whilst she was sat in it.

But sadly it went right over your head.

Rosa Parks was denied of the freedom to sit where she wanted on the bus.

You appear to be wanting to deny homosexuals the right to get married.

Both wrong, both discriminatory.

You're suggesting that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, why is that?

Archived