Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

If, as you claim, you are quite happy for gay people to get married, what would you say you were trying to have a debate about exactly?

It seems that to have an opinion challenged as bigotry is in itself bigotry..in which case you, I, and the rest involved..are bigots...discount Max though. :hihi:

He expressed bigotry in very clear terms. Read the rest of my reply too. I don't mind bigots, it takes all sorts. If the cap fits there's nowt wrong with wearing it!
As it happens I have plenty of gay friends, but they don't kiss in front of me. They're more tolerant than SF is. My oldest grandaughter is a lesbian living with her partner. We have no problems with each other at all, and even joke about it. If you don't like something, you do something about it, not accuse the other person of things that are not true, So folks, continue your spite and malice.

As it happens I have plenty of gay friends, but they don't kiss in front of me. They're more tolerant than SF is. My oldest grandaughter is a lesbian living with her partner. We have no problems with each other at all, and even joke about it. If you don't like something, you do something about it, not accuse the other person of things that are not true, So folks, continue your spite and malice.

A loving couple (family at that) afraid to show affection towards each other in front of their grandpappy..:gag:

I can imagine the discussions they have while venturing over to your place. Everyone has to be tolerant of you...how tolerant of you:gag:

As it happens I have plenty of gay friends, but they don't kiss in front of me. They're more tolerant than SF is.

LOL, so gay people who do kiss in front of you are being intolerant?

I'm not even joking I genuinely let out a brief laugh at reading that!

What is ?

Posts that are off topic,repetitious and making no sense.I was going to reply to an earlier post,but envisaged seeing the thread closed again.I posted last night on here only to find that the thread had been closed,so that was a waste of time.

It reminded me of a thread on Gay marriage sometime last year which had some very mixed and many interesting contributions,then it had to be removed through certain people spoiling it.

Thanks.

Hope you are fully recovered now.

Did you see the thread about Forum meets and why they were no longer taking place ?

Feeling better than ever Harvey, thanks. I havn't seen that thread but will have a look now you've mentioned it. :thumbsup:

Back to the thread now...it looks to me as if there are certain posters who deliberately set out with the express purpose of getting threads they take exception to closed. Two of the most obvious tactics employed are being abusive and being deliberately obtuse to wind up people trying to engage in reasonable debate. The abusive replies usually show the person up for what they are...challenged!

I'm not "sucking up" here but the mods should have medals cast. A gold pig and a pension would not tempt me to do their job.

homosexuality used to be illegal

Not always. It's existed in many legal and social variations.

However, even when it's been absolutely oppressed - it's not gone away. You can't ban people from being sexually attracted to other people. So ... your idea is a tad foolish, somewhat.

I'll have a go. Let's see how close I get.

Rosa Parks had a bus. E-I-E-I-O

and on that bus there was a seat. E-I-E-I-O

With a "can't sit here".

"Can't sit there."

There's a seat.

Not your seat.

Those are not for coloured seats.

Rosa Parks she had a bus. E-I-E-I-Ooooooooooooooooooooh.

*takes a bow*

Front seat, back seat, just as comfy. E-I-E-I-O

Different, but equal. E-I-E-I-O

Yo, bigots.

How's it feel knowing that not only do you spread needless unpleasantness in the world, you also display your lack of education?

Here's some links for you, because I'm feeling generous.

Wikipedia entry on homosexuality - your basic primer.

With bonus page on homosexual behaviour in animals to get rid of that insane 'unnatural' argument you're so fond of.

Here's the page on sexology - look! Knowing about these things is a whole scientific subject! Not just reliant on people's culturally-induced gut reactions! WHO KNEW?

Here's volume one of Michel Foucault's History of Sexuality because, well, why the hell not, eh?

Here's a link to a sex education service that serves millions of young people online every year. This is a *specific* link to the talkboard pages where young people talk about their fears, concerns and experiences about being LGBT. You'll notice that the thread right at the top is called 'Homophobic family and friends.'

This is the first page of google image search results for David Bowie.

This is the first page of google news search results for 'homophobic attack'. NB 'About 2,960 results'.

Here's Stonewall's page on homophobic hate crime and hate incidents. According to the Association of Chief Police Officers in the UK, a good proportion of the more negative posts on this thread constitute a 'hate incident.' How's that feel, guys? Being all hateful? So hateful that even the police think you're hateful? Does it feel good? Warm and fuzzy?

And, finally, here's a picture of a happy couple getting married.

Archived