Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Then don't read it

My last post. Then I'll stop feeding you monkey nuts.

If you really do support gay marriage, you are showing it in the oddest way.

If you really oppose gay marriage, you haven't formed one conclusive argument and thus you stand very little chance of getting anyone to agree with you.

If, however, you are just trolling for attention, you won't affect the outcome of this issue anyway and all your effort is some weak and pathetic attempt for you to feel some empty hollow pleasure.

In conclusion, you're either odd, ineffectual, or a troll. At which point ... it is Saturday, and there is fun to be had. :)

Discrimination is normal human behaviour, it happens every day, everywhere. It’s the level of discrimination that matters and this is more trivial that many other discriminatory practices against other people.

I can see how my use of the word same may have been confusing, most of the time I have said in law they are the same, meaning they are treated equally, obviously the ceremony has difference, but then every ceremony if different with no two marriages being the same, but gay partners can have a ceremony in a church, I posted a link to such a wedding earlier on in the thread.

So, you have admitted that discrimination exists - quote 1

and you have admitted that there is, at least, a ceremonial difference between marriage and civil partnership - quote 2

Time to raise the white flag?

I because you are incapable or unwilling to respond in a civil way I will no longer respond to your abusive posts.

Deary me - how's that hair shirt feeling? Poor you; you've failed so spectacularly you're going to go for the 'poor me' angle.

Good luck with that!

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 12:35 ----------

In conclusion, you're either odd, ineffectual, or a troll. At which point ... it is Saturday, and there is fun to be had. :)

I'll second that - and add that he might well be all three. Are the pubs open yet?

Do these same traditionalists keep the promise made before God at the alter To Love, Honour and 'Obey', or in the case of men to 'Worship'?

Of course not. Traditions are transient and change with society. Adherence is entirely optional, otherwise the above holy vows made in church would not still be the CoE' s standard traditional marriage service.

Hypocrite?

The church has never claimed to be perfect to my knowledge.Hypocrisy exists in all walks of life its a human failing.

If someone called me a hypocrite for having any association with the church,i would say to them ... well yes i might be,are you ever hypocritical about anything or are you perfect?

I think this also demonstrates something interesting. You ask why my post is tolerated - err, that'd be because (with the possible exception of the use of the word 'hell') there's nothing in it that contravenes the rules.

That you appear to be trying to construct some kind of paranoid fantasy in which the moderating team are trying to suppress your views and promote mine, reeks of desperation.

The addendum of 'Bigoted' serves to highlight the feeling I've had throughout this thread that what your are really trying to do (failing spectacularly, mind) is invert the meaning of the word.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 09:26 ----------

Change Maria for Mark, and it's pretty much the same story.

That would be the most sensational happening that this World has ever witnessed.

Max, there is nothing wrong with enjoying debate as an intellectual exercise. However, adopting a stance which is effectively equivalent to being an apologist for intolerance contributes, in however small a way, to the legitimisation of that intolerance.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

What you are doing in this thread is worse than nothing.

I do not point this out as an attempt to abuse or insult but to suggest that, unless your goal is to legitimise intolerance your time and grey matter may well be more honourably employed elsewhere. Posters like Eastwood141 do not warrant support from the civilised.

In my opinion the members that oppose gay marriage aren't intolerant of gay people, and haven't demonstrated an intolerance to anyone that supports gay marriage. However the members that support gay marriages have demonstrated intolerance to those members that oppose gay marriage, and I don’t apologise for their intolerance, I condemn it. Ridicule and abuse won’t change opinions but will silence some people that have a different opinion.

The last government were masters at silencing opposition buy ridiculing and name calling of anyone with an opposing opinion on immigration. Some on here are now doing the same with people that oppose gay marriage.

In my opinion the members that oppose gay marriage aren't intolerant of gay people, and haven't demonstrated an intolerance to anyone that supports gay marriage. However the members that support gay marriages have demonstrated intolerance to those members that oppose gay marriage, and I don’t apologise for their intolerance, I condemn it. Ridicule and abuse won’t change opinions but will silence some people that have a different opinion.

The last government were masters at silencing opposition buy ridiculing and name calling of anyone with an opposing opinion on immigration. Some on here are now doing the same with people that oppose gay marriage.

You are a card. You'll be claiming that racism doesn't exist next.

I am certainly not attempting to bully you or intimidate you into leaving.

However, you have made several comments questioning and/or belittling the intelligence of your fellow posters so claiming victim-hood is a little disingenuous.

I know and although we disagree on many things you are able to remain civil.

What would you have me do when they ridicule and mock my posts just because they are unable to understand them. If they don’t understand what I type then they should ignore it or give me the opportunity to make it easier to understand.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 13:00 ----------

If you really do support gay marriage, you are showing it in the oddest way.

:)

Not sure how many times I have to say this, I neither support nor oppose gay marriage.

I do not have a reason to support it and no one has given me a good reason to support it, but I also don't have a reason to oppose it and I haven't seen a good reason to oppose it.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 13:05 ----------

So, you have admitted that discrimination exists - quote 1

and you have admitted that there is, at least, a ceremonial difference between marriage and civil partnership - quote 2

Time to raise the white flag?

Discrimination exists in all walks of life but the difference between marriage and a civil partnership is that trivial in my opinion that I don’t have a reason to support gay marriages, I also don’t have a reason to oppose them.

Archived