Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Am I a hypocrite if I go to see a musical I hate with my wife, was she a hypocrite when she went with me to watch a football match when she hates football?

:huh:

Yes some of us have to make sacrifices for those we love havn't we,any wife who goes to watch a football match against her will has my fullest admiration.;)

There’s your error, you are working on the principle that your opinion is the only right opinion to hold and that anyone with a different opinion is irrelevant.

Afraid not Max, it is the momentum and direction of social evolution that is rendering those other opinions irrelevant not me. Just as it has rendered opinions such as men should own their wives or black people should sit on different seats or homosexuality should be illegal utterly irrelevant. In a few years my guess is we will wonder what all the fuss was about and be embarrassed and a little ashamed that we got into the 21st century before addressing the imbalance and righting the anomaly.

Hmm, right, if you want to be considered smart agree with them...ok!

It is smart to examine what you think, why you think it, if things have changed, if you need to modify your opinions and ideas.

Don't you do that? I do it constantly, and have done on this topic within the last few days because of this thread. Can you say that or are you still wedded to all the same opinions?

Or maybe they will just think you aren’t worth bothering with and stop telling you what their opinion is.

That would be dumb. See above.

Many years ago when you was younger, did you not have any sexual experiences with anyone that you didn't really fancy?

Since the posts relating to this have been removed, makes it sound rather out of place.

Why would I have any interest in some one I didn't really fancy,

have you been forced to, perhaps you should seek counseling.

Since the posts relating to this have been removed, makes it sound rather out of place.

Why would I have any interest in some one I didn't really fancy,

have you been forced to, perhaps you should seek counseling.

Wow, what an odd reply, even for you!

Back in your younger care free days, have you never gone out got drunk and did something with a woman that you regretted in the morning?

I find it both laughable and tragic that there appears to have arisen on this thread a small movement of those who seek to curtail the freedoms of gay couples to marry and yet are unhappy that they are now in an increasingly powerless minority.

The irony that they see fit to complain about their opinions being challenged and use words such as bullying to describe those challenges whilst aligning themselves philosophically with what has been years of oppression of homosexuals is profound.

This thread alone has featured the perfectly normal and natural practices of gay couples being described as disgusting and sinful and a suggestion that they should be rendered illegal - I cannot think of a better word to describe such abuse than bullying and it is reflective of the hammer that the bigoted majority wielded for generations.

As I have said before it is not bigoted to oppose oppression and it is not intolerant to challenge inequality.

As I have asked before was Simon Wiesenthal intolerant? Martin Luther King? William Wilberforce? Frederick Douglass? Harvey Milk?

All of them sought to challenge and eradicate inequality and oppressive behaviour and were rightly lauded for it.

Wow, what an odd reply, even for you!

Back in your younger care free days, have you never gone out got drunk and did something with a woman that you regretted in the morning?

Can't say as i have, have you?

Seems a strange question, did you forget to check the undercarriage.

A sin eh?

And there's me thinking God is love...

Sin is rebellion against God's law and will make people happy for short time, but it’s not real happiness and leaves them unfulfilled, only God can give you true happiness.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 21:01 ----------

Afraid not Max, it is the momentum and direction of social evolution that is rendering those other opinions irrelevant not me. Just as it has rendered opinions such as men should own their wives or black people should sit on different seats or homosexuality should be illegal utterly irrelevant. In a few years my guess is we will wonder what all the fuss was about and be embarrassed and a little ashamed that we got into the 21st century before addressing the imbalance and righting the anomaly.

And during this transition I guess people that think differently will become the minority and the victims of the abuse, hatred and discrimination that you wish to see an end to. That’s doesn’t look like a sensible way to end discrimination.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 21:02 ----------

I find it both laughable and tragic that there appears to have arisen on this thread a small movement of those who seek to curtail the freedoms of gay couples to marry and yet are unhappy that they are now in an increasingly powerless minority.

The irony that they see fit to complain about their opinions being challenged and use words such as bullying to describe those challenges whilst aligning themselves philosophically with what has been years of oppression of homosexuals is profound.

This thread alone has featured the perfectly normal and natural practices of gay couples being described as disgusting and sinful and a suggestion that they should be rendered illegal - I cannot think of a better word to describe such abuse than bullying and it is reflective of the hammer that the bigoted majority wielded for generations.

As I have said before it is not bigoted to oppose oppression and it is not intolerant to challenge inequality.

As I have asked before was Simon Wiesenthal intolerant? Martin Luther King? William Wilberforce? Frederick Douglass? Harvey Milk?

All of them sought to challenge and eradicate inequality and oppressive behaviour and were rightly lauded for it.

It’s so sad that you see oppression, intimidation and discrimination as a means to end oppression and discrimination.

The cycle of hatred continues.

Archived