Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Sin is rebellion against God's law and will make people happy for short time, but it’s not real happiness and leaves them unfulfilled, only God can give you true happiness.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 21:01 ----------

And during this transition I guess people that think differently will become the minority and the victims of the abuse, hatred and discrimination that you wish to see an end to. That’s doesn’t look like a sensible way to end discrimination.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 21:02 ----------

It’s so sad that you see oppression, intimidation and discrimination as a means to end oppression and discrimination.

The cycle of hatred continues.

It is so sad that you see challenging inequality, oppression and intolerance as inevitably taking the form of oppression, intimidation and discrimination.

I have hatred for nobody.

Can you give me any evidence that I advocate intimidation and discrimination as a means to end oppression and discrimination?

And during this transition I guess people that think differently will become the minority and the victims of the abuse, hatred and discrimination

It's already begun.

Like, when I tried to stop gay people entering a shop I was going in, because I didn't want to be around them, the owner bullied me and called me a bigot. My views were oppressed. It was awful.

:rolleyes:

I find it both laughable and tragic that there appears to have arisen on this thread a small movement of those who seek to curtail the freedoms of gay couples to marry and yet are unhappy that they are now in an increasingly powerless minority. .

You're not to worry, the small minority are smaller than you think..they reinvent themselves to pump the numbers up...a sure sign of defeat.

Sin is rebellion against God's law and will make people happy for short time, but it’s not real happiness and leaves them unfulfilled, only God can give you true happiness.

And during this transition I guess people that think differently will become the minority and the victims of the abuse, hatred and discrimination that you wish to see an end to. That’s doesn’t look like a sensible way to end discrimination.

It’s so sad that you see oppression, intimidation and discrimination as a means to end oppression and discrimination.

Re my bold.

You are perfectly entitled to believe that. I do not.

When "God's law" is quoted to deprive people of equality it is the word of man not God. It is discrimination pure and simple however much you may pretend otherwise.

I thank God that the attitudes expressed by you in your contributions to this thread are very much on the wane...the tide has turned and you are going to have to bite the bullet. :)

Sin is rebellion against God's law

I am not usually in the habit of quoting from the bible,but on this occasion i am making an exception.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone" words spoken by Jesus in the new testament.

Homosexuality is a human condition of nature,that exists in every community of every race.Science and research has taught us much about that over the years,and thats why we are far more enlightened.

There isn't a hint of hatred in any of the comments from the poster you replied to,nor indeed from any other poster that i can see.I really don't understand why you stated that.

Yes there are a few insults from some who percieve some peoples comments to be homophobic,but that doesn't imply there is a cycle of hatred.

Sin is rebellion against God's law and will make people happy for short time, but it’s not real happiness and leaves them unfulfilled, only God can give you true happiness.[/Quote]

Is it?

Let's pretend I'm a bit thick (maybe not that hard to do)

Can you explain to me the concept of sin in your religion? Please, if you would, explain how sin came about and how it works - preferably (this may be the hard bit) while quoting a scriptural source for that belief.

Actually while your at it explain how only God can give you true happiness, with scriptural sources - and I don't mean saying 'because he can', I mean explain it.

(apologies to all my other Theistic friends for doing this, but it is important on this occasion to show the flaw in the posters arguments, I ask that you forgive me for this).

And during this transition I guess people that think differently will become the minority and the victims of the abuse, hatred and discrimination that you wish to see an end to. That’s doesn’t look like a sensible way to end discrimination[/Quote]

Why do you think that?

I am religious (and quite orthadox in that religion) and I haven't become the victim of hatred and abuse despite having quite different, and strict, rules. I guess that's because I apply those rules to myself and let other people make the decisions that affect their lives for themselves. If I stuck my nose in the business of others I would fully expect to be questioned on those views.

I can't speak for everyone but I think the clergy who don't want to marry same sex couples should have the right to opt out of doing so, I also think that people of religion shouldn't be badgered just because they 'might' be against same sex union.

There are two important points to make here though - the law being introduced does protect those clergy who don't want to marry same sex couples and if people voice their opposition to the law (which they are perfectly entitled to do) they should be prepared to give reasons why. No one, not me, not you, or anyone else on here, has the right to voice our opinions and when those opinions are challenged cry 'bully'. It is perfectly reasonable to expect to have our opinions challenged by those who disagree with us.

I've not seen anything in Mike's posts that suggests he is saying oppression, intimidation and discrimination should be used to end oppression and discrimination, in fact the bit you highlighted from him said

it is not bigoted to oppose oppression and it is not intolerant to challenge inequality[/Quote] I think you may be putting words into his mouth a little there.

You seem like someone who has given this a lot of thought; in the interests of useful discourse can I ask you

a) How you regard homosexuals generally and

b) what your thoughts are on gay marriage?

Archived