Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

There is no comparison that can logically made between the 2 groups.

A man is a man regardless of colour.

A woman is a woman regardless of colour.

A man is never a woman.

A woman is never a man.

You've not shown any good reason though why marriage should be restricted to non same sex couples. The analogy of pointlessly restricting the freedom to do something is valid.

There is no comparison that can logically made between the 2 groups.

A man is a man regardless of colour.

A woman is a woman regardless of colour.

A man is never a woman.

A woman is never a man.

A black person is still a black person regardless of whether they are a man or a woman. Your logic doesn't stack up.

However, you'll be pleased to know that you are expected to slaughter all your enemies, man woman and child, except for the virgin girls who you get to keep and who are obliged to marry you once you've raped them. If their father does happen to turn up you can give him a few shekels for his trouble and see him on his way, presumably before slaughtering him. (Deuteronomy)

That's the trouble with people these days, they've taken all the fun out of religion.

They are exactly and logically comparable.

A white person is white irrespective of sex.

A black person is black irrespective of sex.

A white person is never black.

A black person is never white.

Different but equal.

I despair!!!!!!!

Is a black man biologically the same as a black woman ?

Is a white man biologically the same as a white woman ?

I have seen posts where people have felt they were being restricted from passing opposing comments to the majority because they felt they were being challanged with abusive attacks,and thats what i was referring to.This became apparent to me when i read Mrs Overall's post which brought to my attension that some people are perceiving remarks to be bullying.Thats why i quoted a part of your post where you pointed out the "cry bully" remark.

I certainly don't think there is any sign of hatred from anyone as i stated on post 729 where i was myself challanging the comments SavannahP made.

It isn't only people who are religious who are opposed to same sex marriage in churches,but because the thread is focusing on the religious issue,others will probably regard a difference of opinion as a perception that they are homophobic,and for that reason they will be put off posting or continuing to post as some have ,because no one wants to be identified as homophobic when it isn't deserved.

We aren't even discussing same sex marriage in churches. We are discussing same sex marriage.

All religious institutions are free to refuse to marry a same sex couple (or pretty much anyone with the exception of the CoE).

What way can the opinion that same sex marriage is wrong be held and not indicate that the person who holds it is homophobic?

As I explained.

I don't expect many posters on here to agree with me but would hope they will consider my reasons.

I posted as a reply to a viewpoint that another poster had expressed and which I thought needed addressing.

I do and have considered your reasons. Have you considered why I and others consider your reasoning to be flawed? Why should the evolution not continue as it has in the past as pointed out in my previous post?

Archived