Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

I do not know many, but the people that I know to be homosexual are good people, I don’t judge them because that is a judgment for God to make.

I disapprove of gay marriage because the act of having sex with someone of the same sex is a sin and marriage leads to sex.

So when is it you make or ever make a "judgement" call? considering you think that "God" is the sole provider. Or do you make the judgement call in the name of "God"..handy is that because it gets you off the hook, well it does in the case of those with like minded nonsense.

You are welcome to believe what you want. :)

The fact is that your belief is homophobic!

You have ample opportunity to convince me I'm wrong.

I would still like you to point out specific posts that you consider to have been abusive to people who side with you on this subject.

This one is abusive because you are using the term homophobia as a means to cause insult, but what you think of me is irrelevant because I will be judged by God.

Here are some examples of homophobia, explicit or implicit, all taken from this thread.

That's not exhaustive - I got bored, and depressed, by about halfway through the thread. Also worth noting that those are the posts that have been allowed to remain up. Several that were much worse were removed.

And here's an example of sexism, while I'm at it.

In all but a couple of those examples did you notice one defining aspect?

So when is it you make or ever make a "judgement" call? considering you think that "God" is the sole provider. Or do you make the judgement call in the name of "God"..handy is that because it gets you off the hook, well it does in the case of those with like minded nonsense.

I don't judge anyone.

I do not know many, but the people that I know to be homosexual are good people, I don’t judge them because that is a judgment for God to make.

I disapprove of gay marriage because the act of having sex with someone of the same sex is a sin and marriage leads to sex.

You are perfectly entitled to think that homosexual sex is an abomination, and then resist the temptation of having such sex yourself. You think it's a sin if you want, or mutter it in private even.

But homosexuality is clearly not an abomination, it is perfectly normal and legal.

Saying homosexuality is a sin in public is different. The word "sin" is loaded with so much negative baggage that when you say something is a sin in public, you are not merely making a statement about what you choose to avoid but suggesting that others should avoid it too, that they should live by your rules. Saying homosexual sex is a sin in public is using homophobic language, it clearly is judging others.

What are the main differences that distinguish a man and woman ?

You mean you don't know? Or are you trying to delay as long as possible?

I already gave a firm "yes" in agreement that men and women are different, however I will humour you. Men and women have different and compatible reproductive organs, both of which are required to reproduce.

So what does reproduction have to do with marriage?

Archived