Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

Sin is only other peoples business when it causes harm to others,and yes some sexual acts remain unlawful and rightly so,but homosexual acts between consenting adults is no longer unlawful and should never have been so in my opinion.

When you refer to sin(which i don't think is neccessary to do unless you are preaching from a pulpit in church) you should also take into account that in the eyes of the church everyone of us commit sin.

When someone asks a question they are usually looking for an answer, and all I have done is answer the question that was asked.

As it appears that some members don’t like the answers to the question they ask I will refrain from answering any more.

The question was asked in public and the answer given and if you did not want the answer then the question should not have been asked. Without the question there would not have been a reason for me to give you the answer.

I asked you a question which you haven't answered. Had it not been for you addressing everyone else who engaged with you I could have accepted it as an oversight. Would you care to answer it for me?

Yes you’ve supported those members that use abuse and intimidation to argue their point that gay marriage should be allowed. Anyone with a different opinion appears to be fair game for ridicule and abuse. You have done and supported the very thing you say you dislike.

So that would be a no on the evidence front then would it?

As it appears that some members don’t like the answers to the question they ask I will refrain from answering any more.

On the contrary, I love your answers as they make equality so much easier to promote and discrimination so much easier to condemn. Please continue.

Seeing as you regard sin to be a rebellion against god's law can you tell me whether or not you observe every rule quoted in post 763 to the letter?

When someone asks a question they are usually looking for an answer, and all I have done is answer the question that was asked.

Yes i realise now that you were answering questions,but from what i understand your answers didn't reflect the position of all members in the church of those who oppose gay marriage,they were your own personal views perhaps,views that some others will share.However,i do think you have a right to post and express your opinions without feeling suppressed.

You mean you don't know? Or are you trying to delay as long as possible?

I already gave a firm "yes" in agreement that men and women are different, however I will humour you. Men and women have different and compatible reproductive organs, both of which are required to reproduce.

So what does reproduction have to do with marriage?

Just to make sure that you recognise that a man and woman can never be the same as a man and man or woman and woman.

Whether a married couple reproduce is not the question the defining principle is that they are able to if they wish to(please don't use medically denied people as an argument as they have enough problems already without using them in this argument).

That is why they are different and so have different forms of union at present.

A very simple concept.

Just to make sure that you recognise that a man and woman can never be the same as a man and man or woman and woman.

Whether a married couple reproduce is not the question the defining principle is that they are able to if they wish to(please don't use medically denied people as an argument as they have enough problems already without using them in this argument).

That is why they are different and so have different forms of union at present.

A very simple concept.

So when the law redefines what marriage means, then you'll have no problem?

Archived