Gay marriage - is it any of your damned business?

Is it any of my business?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Is it any of my business?

I don't recall you asking posters who have suggested that homosexuality should be illegal or that homosexual acts are disgusting to be more polite.

I must have missed the posts in which such things were said.

Just helping it get to 50 then we can leave together.:D

Well, that would depend on the individual case and I'd have to look closely at the positions taken and rhetoric used. I imagine, however, if the situation proved exactly as you describe then the word hypocrite may well be apposite, yes.

On the whole i think people are more then willing to support a just cause Mike, but in order to follow the ones who lead in that crusade they like to have some degree of certainty that those who lead have sincere intensions and are not driven by any other motives.

On the whole i think people are more then willing to support a just cause Mike, but in order to follow the ones who lead in that crusade they like to have some degree of certainty that those who lead have sincere intensions and are not driven by any other motives.

Agreed Janie, reasonable as ever.

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 16:56 ----------

Elton John and partner have already used a surrogate mother I believe.

Yes I know, I was referring to the stem cell stuff.

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 16:58 ----------

I must have missed the posts in which such things were said.

Try looking back a bit before page 11 that you appeared to have such forensic knowledge of earlier.

Or you could have paid attention when I quoted them directly to you in post 948. Oh, you did as you referred to them in your answer in post 956.

Wonder why you are denying it now?

My word I've missed alot.

Welcome back Mr Smith, it's almost like you never left us :suspect:

I realise I left a few posts unanswered, if those users want there points answered feel free to prompt me...

Which reminds me, Savannah, still no answer to my question I see.

Have we established if it's any of our business yet?

Try looking back a bit before page 11 that you appeared to have such forensic knowledge of earlier.

Or you could have paid attention when I quoted them directly to you in post 948. Oh, you did as you referred to them in your answer in post 956.

Wonder why you are denying it now?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9565153&postcount=948

fair enough if gay couples want to do their thing but i don't think it should be accepted as the norm... As for homosexuality, do i find it disgusting ? to some point yes

You didn't use the quote function but I will assume the quote is accurate.

It reads to me that someone find the act of annul intercourse disgusting, many heterosexuals probably find the thought of annul sex or oral sex disgusting, but that doesn’t mean they find the person giving or receiving oral sex degusting, I find brussel sprouts disgusting but I don’t dislike people that eat brussel sprout.

That it I’m done on this topic.

You're making a very fair point, but nobody seems to be denying you the chance to think that - it's perfectly fine (trying not to sound patronising here, apologies if it comes over that way, but there's a curry on downstairs and I'm rushing :)). I have no feelings one way or the other but other people may have strong feelings one way or the other.

The key defining issue is whether we think that we can tell other people what they can or can't do.

In other words, is it any of our damned business? I don't think it is. So we should let gay folk marry if they like, it's none of my business so long as they have the right to live their life in a way that makes no material difference to how I live my life.

If the answer you want, and the inclusion of the difference between black and white people is irrelevant, is that I think marriage should be between a man and woman. There are fundamental differences between a man and woman and one of them is that together they have the ability to reproduce.

I have stated this several times before of which you are aware and have not dodged answering your post or any others, even though some have not answered when I have asked them questions.

Does this clarify matters for you or do you want to go round in more circles.

Yes you have mentioned that several times, which doesn't answer the question of whether any of what I wrote is incorrect.

What I wrote is a collection of the opinions/beliefs expressed by yourself on this thread, presented together in a list so that you can see how they contradict each other (which, I'm guessing, is why you were so reluctant to answer).

It's ironic that you mention going round in circles...

-You think that heterosexuals should have something different to homosexuals because of a biological difference

-You don't think that black segregation on buses can be compared because the biological difference isn't to do with reproduction

-You also say that reproduction isn't relevant to marriage, it's the fact that there's a biological difference that matters

-Blacks are biologically different to whites

...go back to the first point to complete the circular logic, rinse and repeat. Is that what they mean by "Hogic" ?

Archived