Phantom mobile vibration syndrome

Has anyone else experienced this ? Vibrating phone but no message ? According to Jeffrey Janata of the University of Cleveland , this is a sign of addiction to your mobile .

With the advent of the i-phone , can anyone honestly say that they are not addicted ??

If I lit and smoked a fag in the staffroom I'd be sacked . But if I checked on my addictive I-phone for Beyonce concerts and dates , then no problem ....but the harm done is not physical but psychological...the message I am sending out to my workmates is really BAD , ie that I prefer texting as opposed to talking to real people , ie work colleagues . I am disrespecting them !

No wonder mental health problems are on the increase , we need to recognise and deal with our addiction to mobile phones ...and learn how to talk to each other again face to face !

Don't get it now, but used to get it with my old Sony Ericsson that I kept in my jeans pocket. I used to call it phantom text messages.

Bizarrely, it seemed to happen when I was out in a pub with a loud music system pumping out lots of bass for some reason.... :D

Archived