How to get over a 4 year friendship

Judging by the 2 threads you've started about this, you've got a real problem. After all your ex friend hasn't done anything wrong, and probably can't work out what on earths the matter with you, and here you are droning on about a non-event that 'happened' years ago.

Get over it, grow up and move on would be my advice.

That email she sent you by the way (other thread)

She saw you were working in HR. She also said you look nice in your glasses you're now wearing.

She may well be stalking you, or more likely shes looked at your Facebook page or similar - Thats probably how she knows!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

How to get over a 4 year friendship where by the friend used you for your knowledge to further herself in career and lifestyle. One of my supposed best friends’s at uni whom I lived with for 4 years, changed her undergraduate course to my course and then pinched my idea of the exact course to study as a masters. I am so hurt by this it’s been 3 years since the end of our friendship and I still can’t get over the fact she did something like this to me. I study the same masters she copied me but 2 years later. As we are in the same profession I am dreading that we our cross paths in conferences which are held by the professional body of our professions. Any tips or perspectives for motivation to just let go! Thanks!

I really don't understand why you would be so upset about this? One of your friends fancied the look of your course more than the one she was doing originally and changed. It must have suited her, as it led to doing a masters. And....? Did you think that you were the only one allowed on the course?

I really don't understand why you would be so upset about this? One of your friends fancied the look of your course more than the one she was doing originally and changed. It must have suited her, as it led to doing a masters. And....? Did you think that you were the only one allowed on the course?

Ok I tell you why I am upset about it, this ex friend was going to move to another university and do another course but thanks to my support she didnt. And that same masters I choose for her because we went on a open day and she was looking at doing coporate psychology and I was sat with another friend talking to the hr course leader. My ex friend joined me and said I am not sure about this course and then decided to do it soon as she found out there was good money in! You may think I need to grow up but most of her choice were influenced by me and trust me if u knew her that girl copies its hard to explain as u have never met her!

Ok I tell you why I am upset about it, this ex friend was going to move to another university and do another course but thanks to my support she didnt. And that same masters I choose for her because we went on a open day and she was looking at doing coporate psychology and I was sat with another friend talking to the hr course leader. My ex friend joined me and said I am not sure about this course and then decided to do it soon as she found out there was good money in! You may think I need to grow up but most of her choice were influenced by me and trust me if u knew her that girl copies its hard to explain as u have never met her!

OK, well it does sound a bit annoying, but none of this should stop you moving on and getting on with things. It all happened a while ago now, you've got your qualifications, she's got hers. Life's too short.

A complete non-event, no matter how many times you try to elaborate, dress it up etc. I think you need to seek help actually my friend.

Archived