Dead man's email

I'd like to leave messages for my friends and loved ones to recieve after I die, there are several online services that will send pre-written emails out if you don't reset them at set intervals. They are paid services though and I suspect there's probably a way to setup automatic emails in a similar way from existing email accounts (gmail,hotmail etc). Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, what do you think of messages from beyond the grave, would it upset you if you recieved one? Would it comfort you? Would it make you happy to hear from that loved one, one last time?

I received a letter from someone after she died - she'd written many letters for family and friends leaving them in a secure place for them to be distributed after her death.

The letter thanked me for my friendship over the years and I treasure it still.

I think a letter left for loved ones is far more personal and meaningful than an email.

My mother wrote a letter to me to be delivered after she died. I still have it and I treasure it.

I wrote a few 'administrative' notes - where to find stuff, what to look for - to make life a bit easier for people who may have to sort things out and there's a draft e-mail to everybody on my mailing list which (I hope) will be sent in the event of my demise (It says basically 'please delete my e-mail addy from your list. I've been deleted.'

There was a case on this forum a year or two ago when somebody posted an 'obit' for a forum member who was far from dead. That must've been irritating for her.

I'd like to leave messages for my friends and loved ones to recieve after I die, there are several online services that will send pre-written emails out if you don't reset them at set intervals. They are paid services though and I suspect there's probably a way to setup automatic emails in a similar way from existing email accounts (gmail,hotmail etc). Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, what do you think of messages from beyond the grave, would it upset you if you recieved one? Would it comfort you? Would it make you happy to hear from that loved one, one last time?

Start Outlook and compose an email then select Options from the message window, check delay deliver and the date and time drop-down menus will appear. Select a date and time then click send and your message will be moved to the Outbox folder until the send time arrives.

Start Outlook and compose an email then select Options from the message window, check delay deliver and the date and time drop-down menus will appear. Select a date and time then click send and your message will be moved to the Outbox folder until the send time arrives.

How are you supposed to know what date you will die on?

Archived