Dead man's email

There are several free services that will send out an email in the future because I used one, can't remember what it was called though. Just Google "Send future email".

I guess for that, if you want them to receive the email just after you die, you'd have to have a pretty good idea when you're going to die.

A letter really would be better because it's something they can keep in a drawer and, it's physical, and if it's a letter it doesn't really matter when you die.

There are several free services that will send out an email in the future because I used one, can't remember what it was called though. Just Google "Send future email".

I guess for that, if you want them to receive the email just after you die, you'd have to have a pretty good idea when you're going to die.

You'd only have to set it to send 6 or 12 months in the future and just remember to reset it every 6 or 12 months. When you die you can't reset it so it will send

A letter really would be better because it's something they can keep in a drawer and, it's physical, and if it's a letter it doesn't really matter when you die.

I agree letters would be nicer but not really practical for my needs, as shown previously

That's a lot of envelopes to entrust to other people to deliver! How do I know that whoever gets the letters will deliver them? They may not want any contact with some of the others or just be so upset by the whole idea that they just tuck them all away and forget about them.

Also, I'd better make a will.

you don't have anyone that respects your wishes enough to do that for you regardless of how they feel about everyone else in your life?:(

If all else fails leave them a grand on condition they carry it out for you.

If you would rather email just say, I'm not getting an email so it doesn't matter to me:hihi:

The thought of having to reset it every month would worry me, at some point everyone would get the death email whilst I was still alive! Or some kind of site breakdown or virus could get them sent out or lost.

You'd only have to set it to send 6 or 12 months in the future and just remember to reset it every 6 or 12 months. When you die you can't reset it so it will send

great, and if you get sidetracked for a while or forget about it, loads of people get an email from you saying you're dead! Should make their day no end! :hihi:

The thought of getting an email from a dead person is disturbing. Letters or cards are much more personal.

Nor can I think of anything I would want to say to anyone after I'm dead that I would not already have said to them when alive, even if I dided very suddenly and unexpectedly.

It's what they'd be saying about me at the funeral that'd worry me...:hihi:

Archived