Closure of Saga Zone forum

I'm surprised at nothing on the internet these days.

Somewhere in Cheshire yesterday someone was raising a half million for a 2 year old who needed some expensive treatment.

They went into a local butchers and asked them to donate a meat hamper for a raffle. The butchers politely refused.

So disgruntled fund raisers went on Facebook and the hate began to spew out, from simple boycotts to threats against the business, and nasty allegations about the owners.

"'The majority are a good group of people but a minority caused concern with offensive and potentially illegal racist or homophobic comments. We even discovered what I believe are called trolls with multiple online personalities, because messages were coming from the same computer – sometimes with names from both sexes."

That would never happen on here.

"'The majority are a good group of people but a minority caused concern with offensive and potentially illegal racist or homophobic comments. We even discovered what I believe are called trolls with multiple online personalities, because messages were coming from the same computer – sometimes with names from both sexes."

That would never happen on here.

To be fair we only have one troll, he just has about 4000 usernames.

Anyway, makes us thankful for the mods keeping thinks ticking along here.

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

.....Stephen Fry

I took myself off Sagazone 3 years ago, having complained to the moderators then about the nasty, vicious posts on their "Debate" forum. The response I got was that the discussions were regarded as "robust" and that those who were being attacked could usually give back as good as they got. This meant in reality, that a whole host of racist, bigotted and downright foul-mouthed old people who had nothing better to do in their retirement than spout vitriol against anyone who didn't agree with their views, fuelled each other into collective rages.

There must have been a half a dozen of us who didn't agree with them and didn't we get some nasty pm's? I stayed for 2 years & then couldn't stand any more.

I tell you what though, it made me appreciate the exchanges on Sheffield Forum "robust" as those can be. and it made me grateful that I was part of a well-moderated Forum.

I'm sorry for those members of Sagazone who used the site for social networking and to discuss issues of interest to older people. I hope that they can find a way to keep in touch with each other.

The left control everything nowadays. No dissent is tolerated.

Except on Sagazone it was the Right who controlled everything. Anyone who didn't agree with hanging, flogging, sending immigrants back where they came from, beating children and taking benefits off everyone (except pensioners) was a piece of scum and should be told so in no uncertain terms. That's why the site has closed, not because liberal lefties were allowed to have their say.

Archived