Child free flights

Would you prefer a child free flight?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a child free flight?

Apparently most people want to be able to fly without having children in the same cabin. In fact, they would pay extra!

As Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said about his airline's intention to intrduce them in 2011

“When it comes to children we all love our own but would clearly prefer to avoid other people’s little monsters when travelling. While half our passengers would like us to divide our cabins up into ‘adult’ and ‘family’ areas it is not operationally possible due to our free seating policy, with optional priority boarding. However, with clear demand for ‘child free’ flights Ryanair will introduce child free flights on high frequency routes from the start of our winter schedule in October.”

Should children be on flights if they aren't happy?

I'm a frequent flyer with BA and to be honest I would have to say its adult that have caused far more disturbances onboard aircraft than children ever have.

Did Ryanair actually ever start offering child free flights because Ryanair say a lot of things to get their name in the media but never actually introduce them.

I'm sure airlines could offer child free flights on a flight between London and Geneva on a Monday Morning but would an airline be willing to offer a child free flight to say Orlando in August.

I haven't chosen any of the options but I think if you want a child free cabin, you SHOULD pay extra, not just be willing to. Why not go one step further and just charter your own flight, then you don't have to fight with overweight people, smelly people, rude people or anyone below your standards <removed tongue from cheek>

For longer haul flights I can almost understand but anything short haul should really just be tollorated. I couldn't care less either way to be honest.

I think since they started putting entertainment systems in the back of seats and devices like portable DVD players, ipads and iphones have come to the fore i don't think children are that much hassle on flights.

Yes you will always get a very young child crying loudly but that's can't be helped- as others have said its more a problem when loud stag/hen do's get out of hand.

I would pay extra for a child-free seat on a long haul flight but anything under 6 hours I can just about cope with.

I also agree with what others have said though, some adults can be just as much of a nuisance as a crying child. We went away twice last year, on the first holiday my husband had a stroppy teenager pushing her knees into the back of his seat throughout flight out and then I had a grown woman doing the same thing behind me on the way back. Then on the second holiday we were penned in by a group of 25 golfers who were hanging over the seats, shouting at one another and playing very loud videos of dancing cats on their mobiles. :roll:

Apparently most people want to be able to fly without having children in the same cabin. In fact, they would pay extra!

As Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said about his airline's intention to intrduce them in 2011

“When it comes to children we all love our own but would clearly prefer to avoid other people’s little monsters when travelling. While half our passengers would like us to divide our cabins up into ‘adult’ and ‘family’ areas it is not operationally possible due to our free seating policy, with optional priority boarding. However, with clear demand for ‘child free’ flights Ryanair will introduce child free flights on high frequency routes from the start of our winter schedule in October.”

Should children be on flights if they aren't happy?

To answer the question-Would you prefer a child free flight? My answer is, yes.

Should children be on flights if they aren't happy? They may have been happy at the beginning of the flight, so I couldn't really say.

Archived