Life of Grime Sheffield

iamwoody

I remember the lasagne house and the mother and daughter who lived there used to deliver the free newspapers. It was on the lower end of Mona Road as I recall. The hoarder lived on Bransby Sreet.

As to getting hold of recordings and what happened to the people, I don't know.

Edit: It must have been a different hoarder then if Geoffrey lived on Harold Street, the one on Bransby Street was definitely on the telly.

I went to school with the daughter that lives just off the bottom of Springvale Road. I've seen her a couple of times since, once in Holmfirth and another time in the street and she seemed to have sorted herself out since then.

It was Moor End Road, we lived opposite when the programme was aired. It was a right eye opener, John Peel's voiceover introducing....and there it was. Looked completely normal from the outside, you'd never have known the squalor within!

There were actually three generations living there, but you only ever saw the mother and the granddaughter, delivering the free paper. Occasionally got a bit of a shock when you'd look up at the living room window to see one of them standing, staring in at you (they looked rather alarming). A strange family.....

Yes that's right, couldn't remember the name of the Road. The girl got really bullied at school, I remember feeling sorry for her.:(

Yes that's right, couldn't remember the name of the Road. The girl got really bullied at school, I remember feeling sorry for her.:(

I wonder where they are now. I saw mum and daughter a few years later in town. They were still pretty wild looking! Never did see the grandmother though.

I can remember the programme saying it had only been a couple of years since the house had been totally refurbished, so it must have deteriorated very quickly. The flooring and skirting all had to be stripped out, it was sodden with cat waste. Surprised they didn't get ill, they really weren't doing a very good job of looking after themselves, poor things.

Archived