Tips on raising money for charity

Hi, me and my friend need to raise a minimum of £3200.00 for charity by the end of next year, because I've never done this before, I was hoping I could get some useful tips and advise from anybody that has experience in fundraising. Thanks

Do you work in an office type place?

I've done a few bake sales at my work, down in the main lobby.

It's a fairly big place so there's plenty of people, hold one on a Friday and you will rake it in.

Took £300 on the last one, which isn't bad for a morning selling cakes.

Can you give us any more information? What charity are you wanting to raise money for & why by the end of next year? Without more info the post seems a bit vague.

Hi, yeah sorry for being vague and the delayed response, myself and my friend have signed up to cycle 350K through Tanzania and Zanzibar to raise money for a charity called Genesis Research Trust, this is to help improve the lives of women and babies world wide. The trip itself isn't while November 2014, we need to start raising funds as soon as possible to ensure we reach our target. Because I'm pretty new to this fundraising business, any good tips and advise would be very much welcome.

First suggestion would be perhaps to raise awareness of who the charity are, what they do, who they help etc. I'd actually never heard of it until I googled. So I would concentrate on getting in contact with local media, radio, papers etc to see if they will run features for you. Raise the profile of the charity..then lead into promoting your fundraising event.

Good luck!

Archived