Cyclists - Using Cleats For The 1st Time

Good evening people of Sheffield.

I have recently purchased my first proper road bike.

I went out for a test yesterday and all is going perfect, I'm zooming around the estate, feeling the breeze in my hair, being one with the world!

Then I came to my first junction, oh dear........

completely forgot the bleedin cleats and ended up bottom over breast!

The question for the cyclists being....

How long can I expect to be falling over for??

Is it one of those things you either get or you don't or am I just in need of practise?

Thank you!

Good evening people of Sheffield.

I have recently purchased my first proper road bike.

I went out for a test yesterday and all is going perfect, I'm zooming around the estate, feeling the breeze in my hair, being one with the world!

Then I came to my first junction, oh dear........

completely forgot the bleedin cleats and ended up bottom over breast!

The question for the cyclists being....

How long can I expect to be falling over for??

Is it one of those things you either get or you don't or am I just in need of practise?

Thank you!

I think with practice you'll soon get used to them- would be well worth taking it steady and remembering you've got them till clipping in and out becomes instinctive.

Another option is to simply use normal pedal without cleats- I've never used them on my bikes and don't plan to do so in the future.

Hmmm.

I used them for about three years and eventually gave up & got those peddles which only have the clip on one side.

A top tip for you:

Don't, if cycling past the Strines Inn on a hot summer's day, slow right down to admire the beauty of the female clientele sitting on the benches outside. You will come almost to a stop, realise, too late, that you are clipped in and the next minute, during which you struggle to release the clips from a lying position with your bike on top of you and the aforementioned hotties sniggering into their pina coladas will be the longest minute of your life.

Trust me.

Archived