Im so anoyed right now :(

fabcakes

Aww, bless.

As you said, it's a shame he didn't get one from a rescue but at least he's not planning on breeding either of them.

Fabcakes, i can guarantee, you'll soon be a Staffy lover!! They really are a lovely breed.

i know love its just the bad experience i had years ago but its time to put that

behind me & ive met many staffys & seen many of them in the dog pounds

& rescues & none of them deserve to be there

& the majority ive met are relay nice dogs & i suppose having a staffy puppy around every now & then will be nice i love having puppy's around but this time its great to hand her back :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

well that didn't last long ive found out that he is going to breed marley he has got it into his head because she is a blue staffy her puppy's will be ok & wont end up in rescue ive shown him the amount of staffys in rescue & it hasn't fazed him because their isn't that many or none that ive seen at the moment

in rescue he seems to think the pups will have forever homes

ive also mentioned that if any thing should go wrong would he take the pups back & all i got was i don't know i could see he was getting agitated with me asking these questions so before it got heated i walked off

he knows what i do & haw many staffys come through rescues so why is he doing this

also i have done some research into the breeding of blue staffys & is it true you can't breed blue to blue as it will cause defects in the breed etc ?

i really hate my son right now for doing this i forgot to take pictures when she came dawn last time i was that mad :(

but anyway....i had a play with her & she is a sweet little thing very nippy i do keep telling her no & i just cross my arms & don't acknowledge her when she dose it

but the minute you put your arms dawn shes off again :roll:

one thing ive realised staffy are so determined aren't they :hihi::)

i don't think the others are keen on her she is a little giddy for them & nippy

gorge just constantly walks round barking at her telling her off :roll: its like a bloody mad house when she comes dawn :hihi:

my son is back dawn on Sunday i would like to try & get something together to

put him off breeding her he knows all about if things go wrong i just would like to find a load of blue staffs in rescue just so he can see that blues end up rescues as well just like any other breed :( :(

He and people like him is the reason there are so many dogs in rescue centres. He's idiotic. Can i ask how he expects to afford the vets fees etc of there are any complications? also, if he's on benefits how will he even afford to keep 2 dogs.never mind try to look after pups.

Are the dogs KC registered? Will the puppies be? i'll take a stab in the dark and guess at no.

You haven't said why your son wants to breed with the Stafford type bitch. Can we assume it is for money? If it is the prime motivation, then perhaps gather as much information as you can on the cost of rearing a litter and the amount of income he will get from any potential progeny. Factor in all scenarios such as a caesarian section and he just might realise that it is not the road to wealth that he originally thought. You are a breeder yourself so you know the pitfalls only too well.

If money is the prime motivation, why not get a voucher to have the bitch spayed and you help him out financially to defray the sum of money he might have made on a litter? I am not saying that this is a very good method of dealing with things but some people only think of money and it might be the thing that will stop this very silly plan of his.

Having said all this, he might want to breed to meet some sort of need in himself. We all own dogs for different reasons, but mainly we want their companionship. I don't think that anyone on here can really help you (sadly). You know your son better than anyone so you are the one that should be able to get to the nub of this issue. You need to do this if you are to prevent more dogs being euthanased.

Stafford type dogs might or might not be a 'lovely breed' but it is not really the issue here - there are simply too many.

I bred my Bullmastiff bitch on the vets advice, they are very prone to cancer, he said have one litter then have her spayed, its was the worst mistake of my life, she had two beautiful puppies but rejected them, luckily had a very understanding employer, my own office and was allowed to take them to work. for the first 4 weeks it was hell on earth, hand rearing the puppies, and that was only 2 of em, eventually she took to them.

Then i had to find them homes, oh my, that was horrible, i had loads of people wanting them, i house checked them all, it was so hard to part with them.

I had her spayed then she got cancer of the breast, she is 10 1/2 yrs old now, and still has cancer but she can't go through another operation, the last one made her so depressed, at the moment, she is happy, eating and playing well, so i have made a decision with my vet's advice, not to have it removed and let her go peacefully :(

i don't relay know why he is wanting to breed her yes she is a gorgeous girl

but so are all the ones that end up coming through rescue when i asked him why he is breeding her he just said i don't know i just want her to have a litter :suspect: so he hassent thought

about what could happern

he only admitted he was breeding her because i told him he could get her spayed for free because she is a bull breed witch i was so pleased to tell him

so you can imagine how i felt when he told me he was going to breed her :(

i should imagine its just for money as he is motivated by money that's why he sold weed for god knows how long until he was given an ultimatum

to weed or your family luckily he chose his family :roll:

how he can feed them ive relay no idea but when he brings them dawn i

always make sure they are ok i must admit he looks after them in that way

but dread if they ever need urgent vet care as i know he wont be able to afford it

i have no idea if she has papers he hasn't said she has & if she had he would of shown me them Marley cost him £200 so possibly not :suspect:

i just wish he would think about this i'm going to work on him with this & try so dam hard to make him change his mind but the thing is once he sets his mind on something he doesn't stop :(maybe i should post the video i made about the over breeding of staffys on his facebook page he seems to think blues are immune from being in rescues why ive no idea :huh:

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 20:27 ----------

i've posted it on his wall :)

One thing that might put him off but please check it out I'm not 100% sure on this...I am sure that I read that blue's if not mated with the right mix make black pups, and we all know how almost impossible it is to find a home for black dogs at the best of times and especially staffies.

Now I doubt very much that he will have a pedigree for Marley and I would like to bet the dog he will use won't have either, and you have to be up on genetics, I think he might well be in for a bit of a disappointment!

Moonbird, you are spot on, the male would have to carry the blue gene, and even if he mated her to a blue dog, there is a high risk, blacks and brindles will be produced, due to the dominant genes they are. I really feel for you Fabcakes, it is shocking that he could find £200 for the new pup, but balked at the thought of paying for Maisie to be neutered, and sorting out his original dog, before getting another, all on benefits too, I work full time, and do not have £200 disposal income to spend.....

Silly silly boy, I cannot say man, as he hasn't really grown up, has he?

Good luck Fabcakes, I have a feeling this will all end in tears, with you having to sort it out, very sad.

Archived