Fishing targets this year??

BigDonWizzle

i got into fishing last year and now looking forward to catching some nice fish this year.. so i decided to give myself some realistic targets for the year, as just really got into fishing i dont really have any pbs so this year i set out to firstly catch as many different species of fish i can,, then il start on pbs hopefully.. so far this year ive had a small perch couple small roach a gudgin few good brown trout a 4lb 4oz koi and 1lb 4 oz grayling.. only time been water licked was when i tried for a pike with no experience on canal dint get one :( .

i really want a nice tench this year now hoping to get one when warms up abit. WHAT ARE YOUR TARGETS FOR THIS YEAR AND PB,S

mine are to spend more time pleasuring and less time in matches, want to catch a nice tench (5lb +) and also a river barbel!!!!!

also am going to spend more time on coaching and developing my junior club which has started off nicely with a £1000 grant to spend on gear to start me off!!! :) :)

Mine are similar to Spanky's, I want a 5lb+ Tench and a river Barbel, also a nice big Chub would be nice too but I'm struggling to find them on the Don at the minute. Other than that I'm just going to pleasure fish a variety of venues and see what turns up.

Great thread!

I want:

1. Don Barbel

2. Beat my chub pb of 4lb20z

3. River pike (double figures preferable)

4. Beat my trout pb 2lb12oz

5 2lb Roach

6 Get a 1lb6oz Grayling

7, Get a 15lb + Carp from a local water

8. 15lb + Pike

9. 4lb Bream from a local water

10. Help a friend get a pike

11. Help a friend get a grayling

I'm sure there's more lol

I don't think the size of the fish really matters. To a big degree that is down to the venue you are fishing. It is the getting out there and enjoying it that counts. I am not knocking anyone who chases big fish - each to his own, and I can see the attraction.

So, my target for this year is to get on the bankside as much as possible and enjoy it.

I don't think the size of the fish really matters. To a big degree that is down to the venue you are fishing. It is the getting out there and enjoying it that counts. I am not knocking anyone who chases big fish - each to his own, and I can see the attraction.

So, my target for this year is to get on the bankside as much as possible and enjoy it.

I agree mate, big fish are OK for anyone who wants to catch but there not for me.

Give me silvers please, even a 5lb Carp cause me too much hassle to get out.

Archived