Anyone know wells family from carter road heeley 1950's

Hi looking for any info on my moms side of family,mum is called lorraine mary wells.

We know that her mom died when she was 2 and she was fetched up by her nan,they lived at no 5 carter rd,heeley in 1957.

Her dad was an italian pow working on a farm in sheffield,his name was guiseppe saffronelli (don't know if this is spelled right)was informed he died on his way back home.

This is not lambo245 it is his mother.

I am Dorothy Maltby, my sister is called Mary, we had the corner shop on Carter Road at the bottom of Carter Place, where Mrs. Wells used to shop. I remember Mrs. Wells, she had a son called Dougie who was a right little varmint. He once climbed up a drainpipe to get away from his mother. Lorraine's mum died of T.B., I can't remember ever seeing her dad. Mrs. Wells would never swear and instead used to shout 'bleaching soda' as a euphamoismn for any swear word.

Thankyou so much for that,dougie passed away a couple of years ago.

I don't suppose you know anything else about the family,whether lorainnes mum and dad were married,i heard her mum worked at the pow camp or farm thats how she met him don't know if its true or not.

paul

• 6 years later...
Hi i dnt no wether you can help me or not but im looking for a alice mary preece... she lived on carter place. anyone no who or where she could now be.. xx

Hi. I lived in Carter Place ("on't little 'ill") in the 40's. Near the corner of Carter Place and Carter Rd, there was Shircliffe the fish man, a Mrs Priest, and the Wells family, notably Dougie Wells, who was known as a "bit of a lad".

Don't know if that helps, but may spur other's memories.

Archived