Modern Dolly Bird Weather Forecasters - always getting it wrong?

There was a time when your weather forecaster was a middle aged bloke with grey hair, think Bill Giles, Michael Fish and of course Ian McCaskill, there was one clown among the pack in the name of John Kettling, with his broad Yorkshire accent who sounded like a thicky among all the posh types.

However, at least they got the forecast right.

In 2013, we now get dolly birds, all with tight tops on. On brekfast telly the other day we were treated to one of the weather womens buxoms as she provoctivly wiggled from side to side and she was pointing out the snow direction as it went from west to east.

Now these women are pleasing on the eye, but how many times are they getting the forecast wrong these days? only on Tuesday, we were forcast a small flurry and what did we get? yes a flipping snow storm in the middle of rush hour.

Is it time we returned to suit wearing middle aged old men? surely the could tempt a few of the oldies back out of retirement? John Kettling must still be within working age?

Yes the dolly bird look nice, but surely its time for the ladies to return to duties more befitting them, such as making the coffee and generally cleaning

There was a time when your weather forecaster was a middle aged bloke with grey hair, think Bill Giles, Michael Fish and of course Ian McCaskill, there was one clown among the pack in the name of John Kettling, with his broad Yorkshire accent who sounded like a thicky among all the posh types.

However, at least they got the forecast right.

In 2013, we now get dolly birds, all with tight tops on. On brekfast telly the other day we were treated to one of the weather womens buxoms as she provoctivly wiggled from side to side and she was pointing out the snow direction as it went from west to east.

Now these women are pleasing on the eye, but how many times are they getting the forecast wrong these days? only on Tuesday, we were forcast a small flurry and what did we get? yes a flipping snow storm in the middle of rush hour.

Is it time we returned to suit wearing middle aged old men? surely the could tempt a few of the oldies back out of retirement? John Kettling must still be within working age?

Yes the dolly bird look nice, but surely its time for the ladies to return to duties more befitting them, such as making the coffee and generally cleaning

They got the forecast right about as often as they do now[which isnt much]i would rather have a fit young bird to look at than some grey haired old geezer.And wasnt it kettley not kettling:D

They got the forecast right about as often as they do now[which isnt much]i would rather have a fit young bird to look at than some grey haired old geezer.And wasnt it kettley not kettling:D

Well Gazza, the song said "John Ketley" is a weatherman (A Tribe of Toffs)

Two female weather forecasters presenters were interviewed by a local magazine in Norfolk some years ago.

One said (Words to the effect) "I don't know much about meteorology, but I'm going to learn."

The other said "I've got a degree in Meeja Studies and I look pretty good in the clothes I wear."

She moved to a children's programme on another channel a few moths later and was replaced by another lady - who had previously been a fashion editor, so not only did she look good in clothes, but she knew how to choose the clothes in which to look good.

takes some beating.

I've no idea how accurate the forecast is ;))

I thought weather forecasting these days was based on up to the minute, real time satelite imaging or do they still forecast the weather in the UK by going outside, testing the wind direction with a raised fingure and sniffing the air for the smell of rain?

None of the weather girls or guys get the weather wrong here I might add

Archived