Modern Dolly Bird Weather Forecasters - always getting it wrong?

HALLIBUT

Fact is, in the 70s we had a society where womens place was in the home, they cooked and cleaned and the men brought home the money and everything was fine

In 2013, we have women out to work being paid peenuts, women get taxed to death and any money left over gets given over to child care. Meanwhile our modern day men, cry, wear moisteriser, don't work and its not unusual for a man to use his fists against a woman.

At least in the 1970s, men tended to fight each other.

But going back to the forecast, quite frankly, after watching Look North I don't want to have get excited when Keely Donovan is pouting away predicting snowfalls in Scunthorpe. At least Ian McCaskel never gave the viewers a hard on, and at least he got the weather forecast right

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 23:51 ----------

And Darren Bett, as hard as he trys he is never going to be the next John Kettling.

Darren trys his best to entertain, but in all honesty is about as entertaining as watching my cat sleeping on the sofa

Seen that on the news, scary, keep your windows and doors locked. :shocked:

His abandoned burned out pick up truck was found yesterday. His footprints in the snow led off into hiking trail areas. I've hiked a few of those trails over the years. They lead to pretty remote areas and easy to get lost. If he's hiding out in the open he wont last long in that weather and the only way out of Big Bear Lake is by car and a 30 mile drive down the mountain roads

HALLIBUT

... At least Ian McCaskel never gave the viewers a hard on, and at least he got the weather forecast right...

How do you know that? Judging by his popularity on Spitting Image he was well-liked and it may be that a significant number of posters on this forum may have more than a passing interest in him.

Then again, it may not.

I saw a mountain the other day!

Well, it was a fire ant nest and that's what passes for a mountain around here.

Not that that really matters. Between May and September this is my playground.

It's not quite as flat as Florida.:hihi:

Ah yes the Bavarian mountains and very beautiful they are I must say !

A place to enjoy a day's hiking and then a hearty meal and litre or two of good German ale at the local Hofbrau Haus in front of a roaring fire at the end of the day :thumbsup:

Archived