Your brushes with fame

Met Craig Charles on a train

Met Danny(guy with afro) from Bill on a beach on hols

Taught by Stephen Hawkins wife whilst i lived in cambridge

Picked up Matthew Stephens when he lost the world snooker final and took him to a chinese. Ddin't even tip me.

Picked up Jimmy White- great tipper.

Picked up Mary O'hara and Gary Wilmott

Bumped into Todd from Neighnbours whilst in London

Sat at traffic lights in London, car pulled up next to me. Princess diana with her bodyguards. In my youth i burnt her off the lights and she started laughing.

Biggest one is seeing Clint Eastwood whilst on Hols in California. He was in Carmel. That was one major surreal moment.

Stephen Hawkins wife tought you to drive a taxi? :hihi:

I once got asked out by this nutter, after an impromptu bomb scare at Hallam University. (Kate Bush on acid?). I declined. It was a long time ago. I've learnt.

Stephen Hawking once collided with me in his wheelchair when I lived near Cambridge if that counts? Unfortunately, I didn't learn anything of substance. Wormholes ...

Noooo... Rolf harris is a perv???

That must depend on your definition of a perv!

It was in the late 1970s. Lads' mags in those days were pretty tame compared with now. I'm not defending them (they're sexist and demeaning) but I don't think it made him a pervert as such.

When I was a lad I was once walking along Carteknowle road at the junction of Bannerdale road when this Morris minor came flying down the road at speed

and run into a car at the junction, as it slammed into the other car and the door flow open and the guy fell out,he started jumping up and down shouting my bloody knee god my bloody knee,there was another bloke in the car who was sat in the front holding his nose with blood all over the place,the guy hopped over to me and said don't say anything about this kid ,do you know who I am I said yes mate I know who you are,it was the united footballer Tony curry and I think his mate in the car was Munks but I was not sure,I said yes mate I know who you are and I'm a Wednesdayite anyway, I wont repeat what he said to me but it wasn't very nice,it was in the star they said he had been injured in training and would be out of the team for a few weeks.

No bad comments if they were not nice people - not all were, you'd be surprised ;)

Cliff Richard, Jonathon Ross, The Bee Gees, Noel Gallagher (flirt) , Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald in Corrie - She was lovely, a real lady), Omar Sheriff, Les Dawson(joker) , Gloria Hunniford, Judith Chalmers, Christopher Biggins , Alec Baldwin ( so gorgeous, those blue eyes - lucky Kim!)...some others..but the one who made me nearly faint...Charlton Heston applauded my piano playing when I was at the Savoy - I'll never forget it - my knees went! I watch every re-run of Planet of the Apes lol I must be getting old....name-dropping is not attractive ;)

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 00:39 ----------

Stephen Hawkins wife tought you to drive a taxi? :hihi:

Interesting....I once went home after a piano gig in a South Kensington Hotel and later swore to my husband that I'd just seen a woman on the way to South Ken Tube that was Diana, or a damn good look alike....she was looking anxiously for a car up and down the road, but just I looked, looked back again, and didn't dare go up to her and ask if she was Ok - well who would! it was nearly midnight and I had to get home on the last tube. But i felt awfully selfish

In later years, it emerged that this was the time she was seeing James Hewitt in secret. I'll never really know but will always wonder.....

I got a lift into Winchester when I was a young sailor in a jaguar driven by Mike Hawthorne. It was the ride of my life. He got killed a few weeks later. I walked the promenade in Cannes talking to Somerset Maugham. I met Cleo Laine in Bognor Regis, and again in Candlewood, Massachusetts with Mel Torme and Johnny Dankworth. I chatted with Tony Bennett at a concert in Connecticut. I had a drink in Toronto with Stanley Matthews, and Stan Mortenson. They had been at a hockey game to watch Mortenson's grandson play. Stan said he had never seen anything so violent. I told him about the standing joke in Canada about going to the fights and a hockey game coming up.

Archived