Your brushes with fame

Many years ago I was introduced to and shook the hand of Charlton Heston, as one of a selected party, when he visited Brisbane in the 1960s. If I remember correctly, it was about the time when he starred in Ben Hur. Given that he served as the head of the USA's National Rifle Association from 1997-2003, I think I should now wash off every possible atom he may have left behind...

I was with a mate having a drink in the Surrey pub years ago (when it had a fringe on top) and in walked Kevin Lloyd who played Tosh in The Bill. My mate was a cheeky git back then and said 'alright Tosh' to him. To which he turned around, said alright back to us and offered to buy us a drink! We had a good hour chatting with him and his friend in there. Very nice normal bloke, shame about the drinking problem he had which ultimately killed him.

A few years back myself & my partner were stopping in a hotel in Portsmouth we decided to go in the lifts back up to our room the lift opened and all these men piled out a very tall one bumped into me quite hard & never appologised so i said pretty loud what an ignorant get my partner said don't you know who that is & i said loudly i don't give a toss who it is he's ignorant it turned out to be Peter Crouch when he played for Liverpool imagine my embarassment :blush:

A few years back myself & my partner were stopping in a hotel in Portsmouth we decided to go in the lifts back up to our room the lift opened and all these men piled out a very tall one bumped into me quite hard & never appologised so i said pretty loud what an ignorant get my partner said don't you know who that is & i said loudly i don't give a toss who it is he's ignorant it turned out to be Peter Crouch when he played for Liverpool imagine my embarassment :blush:

Why would him being a footballer change anything? He was an arse before you knew who he was, then alls forgiven because he can kick a ball.

Archived