Charging for milk at Manhattan, Ecclesall Road

happyaslarry

sigh

it costs more money to make than without, so why shouldnt it cost more to sell?

milk doesnt grow on trees you know :suspect::huh:

salt, vinegar, salad dressing, pepper, ketchup, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese etc etc doesn't grow on trees you know ( or maybe pepper does!).

Thank you Beefface, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought as I did. It just shows what a curmudgeonly lot Sheffield Forummers are. Never, ever, in all the coffee bars in all the world is one charged extra for an Americano with milk but members of this forum seem not to know that. Or pretend they don't, for the sake of an argument. Perhaps they drink Nescafe?

It may be it is a sign of the times. It may be than Manhattan is blazing a trail and soon Americano with milk will be more expensive everywhere.

Who knows?

Reading this, it's no wonder that anywhere that isn't a Two Eat For a Fiver establishment never lasts two minutes in this city.

I'm also convinced that the majority of this city's citizens reckon that anyone running their own business is in it to make millions and screw the customer.

Reading this, it's no wonder that anywhere that isn't a Two Eat For a Fiver establishment never lasts two minutes in this city.

I'm also convinced that the majority of this city's citizens reckon that anyone running their own business is in it to make millions and screw the customer.

that is the truth, its never the quality sheffield people are intrested in always the price!! and if you price something fairly "its a rip off":roll:

It's perfectly legal to charge someone who doesn't use milk less than someone who does- I don't drink coffee but I drink tea black with no sugar and it's perfectly plain that whoever sells tea for me makes more profit than they do when they sell a cup of tea to someone who uses 10p worth of milk and 10p worth of sugar.

It's up to you- either you accept that cost, drink elsewhere or start taking your coffee black so you get to pay the lower price.

Surely if you have milk you receive less coffee,and as coffee is dearer than milk,it is more profitable without a price hike.

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 21:59 ----------

What a horribly self rightious post!

Of course it's wrong to charge for milk in coffee, it smacks of tightfisted, "I've got a right to" pennypinching and is everything that is wrong with the hospitality trade in this country!

I must say I agree with this view,and such parsimony can be counterproductive.

Thank you Beefface, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought as I did. It just shows what a curmudgeonly lot Sheffield Forummers are. Never, ever, in all the coffee bars in all the world is one charged extra for an Americano with milk but members of this forum seem not to know that. Or pretend they don't, for the sake of an argument. Perhaps they drink Nescafe?

It may be it is a sign of the times. It may be than Manhattan is blazing a trail and soon Americano with milk will be more expensive everywhere.

Who knows?

If all the coffee bars in all the world are full of people counting there 10p's ,I'm gonna stick to a good cup of YORKSHIRE TEA :D

Archived