Charging for milk at Manhattan, Ecclesall Road

happyaslarry

What a horribly self rightious post!

Of course it's wrong to charge for milk in coffee, it smacks of tightfisted, "I've got a right to" pennypinching and is everything that is wrong with the hospitality trade in this country!

100% agree. Many years ago I was recommended a Chinese restaurant in Dinnington. The food was excellent and when a fruit salad dessert arrived we asked for some cream.

They added 20p to the bill for the cream. We had spent just short of £40 on the meal which at the time was a very hefty bill, particularly for a Chinese.

We never returned.

it's around £2 for an americano ... surely with even the shop overheads this should include milk, i'm not out for a 'freebie' but drinking out isn't cheap.. and it seems all the people posting are small businesses accusing customers of wanting something for nothing!

I hadn't heard that milk was now free for businesses to buy? ;)

Another charging anomoly is often when people order shandy. Do you pay for 1/2 lager and 1/2 lemonade or do they charge for the full pint of lager price. As a half lemonade from a gun costs about 4p. Though occasionally the half lemonade actually costs more than half a lager. I suppose these are just daily problems we all must face!

That great coffee chain Starbucks dont charge for milk they have jugs of semi-skimmed on the side ... as me and my dog found out ....

Archived