Social care cap 'to be set at £75,000'

So that really knocks the stuffing out of your theory that care homes are overpriced.....? If not then I'm really confused about your posts... no offence meant it's just a general observation :)

It's interesting though how little money is given in carer's benefit. (about £70 a week I believe) and all sorts of conditions apply. Yet someone may well have had to give up a full time job to do it. (You don't get any help at all if you can continue working even though you're saving the government money.)

£280 a month to look after someone at home compared with £1,700 (min) in a home.

And before someone says it's not about money it's about love. I know that. I'm just using it for comparison purposes.

It's interesting though how little money is given in carer's benefit. (about £70 a week I believe) and all sorts of conditions apply. Yet someone may well have had to give up a full time job to do it. (You don't get any help at all if you can continue working even though you're saving the government money.)

£280 a month to look after someone at home compared with £1,700 (min) in a home.

And before someone says it's not about money it's about love. I know that. I'm just using it for comparison purposes.

Is a home carer subject to the same legislation and regulations as a professional care home? Genuine question....

No idea. Maybe someone else knows.

You're talking here about a relative who receives carer's allowance. If you have "no idea" whether they are subject to the same regulations as a registered care home it makes your pronouncements earlier in this thread, where you appeared to speak with some knowledge of the registered care industry, even more baffling.

Whilst the paltry amount of benefits paid to someone who cares for a dependent relative is extremely concerning, it's a separate issue to care home fees and entirely unrelated.

You're talking here about a relative who receives carer's allowance. If you have "no idea" whether they are subject to the same regulations as a registered care home it makes your pronouncements earlier in this thread, where you appeared to speak with some knowledge of the registered care industry, even more baffling.

Whilst the paltry amount of benefits paid to someone who cares for a dependent relative is extremely concerning, it's a separate issue to care home fees and entirely unrelated.

Apologies. Just too tired to care at the moment.

Archived