Cars parked the wrong way around on the roads

I think the police have better things to deal with that petty "crimes" of this sort, the city being awash with illegal drugs for one.

If we legalised them that problem would disappear overnight and they could instead look at burglary, street crime and crimes with a victim.

One of my mustations, I am not too happy at being blinded by drivers who keep their head lights on when parked on the wrong side with all lights angled to shine on the path side. When a driver parks on the wrong side instead of highlighting the path you highlight the oncoming driver.

Ever thought of why you need patches for lights when you go over the channel. This is driving without due care to me.

You used to be able to buy parking lights that clipped onto the outside of the side window and plugged into the lighter socket.

Just as you enter the 40 limit going up Halifax Rd, a group of about 5 or 6 cars used to park overnight on the left, partly on the pavement. I remember going past on my usual morning commute one morning (probably 10 or 15 years ago), and all the cars had suddenly sprouted those little front and rear combined lights, clipped into the top of a window. I can only presume they’d all had a ticket for parking without lights, as you needed them in the 40 limit areas.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 11:29 ----------

One of my mustations, I am not too happy at being blinded by drivers who keep their head lights on when parked on the wrong side with all lights angled to shine on the path side. When a driver parks on the wrong side instead of highlighting the path you highlight the oncoming driver.

Ever thought of why you need patches for lights when you go over the channel. This is driving without due care to me.

A year or so ago I had an early start for work as I was commuting further, and regularly drove through Ranmoor at around 5:30am. On a few occasions (probably around 10 to 12 over the year) I happened to time it at the same time as the commercial waste was being taken from some of the shops. The wagon ALWAYS pulled onto the wrong side of the road and ALWAYS left his headlights on. The headlights were high and of course pointing left into the face of oncoming drivers. I would have expected better from a HGV driver. In particular, he was putting his own colleagues in danger, asd it was particularly difficult to see them walking about.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 11:41 ----------

Well there you go: I seem to remember there being a way of only putting one on, not simply using side lights. So I Googled and found this on a motoring forum:

I first came across this use of the indicator switch was on a company car I’d borrowed. I arrived at my destination and parked up in a car park. As I got out I saw that one front and one rear sidelight were on. It was obviously a parking light. I didn’t know how, but I had obviously accidently put it on, so I got the manual out to find out how. There was no mention at all in the lighting section. I finished up having to asking someone else in the car park who had the same make of car (a Vauxhall). When I rechecked the manual, in the indicator section it did mention that they could be used for parking lights, but this wasn’t much good if you wanted to know about parking lights, as there would be no reason to look there. In the 20+ years driving prior to that, none of my cars had that feature, but in the nearly 20 years since, I think they all have.

Archived