Is the landline on the way out

I find mobile internet cheaper. Landlines have been on way out for a longtime, not required when mobiles are so cheap.

Yes it can be if you are only a light user but the monthly download allowance is tiny and can be used in a couple of days when streaming films, music or gaming.

And business isn't about to abandon landlines -on how many mobiles can you transfer a call to another extension?

this kind of activity is done on a phone system either internal or one operated by a third party. You do not need a land line to transfer calls.

Most people now have mobiles and its just as cheap "probably" cheaper than the landline and as I have both was wondering if I need both.

Being honest I have the landline for the family and the benefit of having it is that my mobile signal where I live is poor.

So...the landline is on the decline and I think eventually it will disappear however with the constant rip off 0870 0845 numbers building up would cost a lot more to ring on a mobile.

Your thoughts

I think your probably right as there are many free electronic ways of contacting companies. Besides the only calls we get on our landline are from the Indian subcontinent from either PPP missold companies or companies masking themselves as Microsoft Technical support.

Me too, but I don't have a phone connected to it, its purely for the internet. I don't even know my own number. Maybe I should get a cheap phone, because I get free evening and weekend landline and 0845 and 0870 numbers.

I used to be same, that was until BT started charging me for NOT making any calls.

jb

Archived