Homeowners and bedroom/window "tax/charge"

window tax, whatever next you cant please them all

It was imposed in 1696 and ended in 1851,when it was replaced with council tax or equivalent to.

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 16:57 ----------

I'd have council house tenants microchipped, that way the council could keep a check on who is living where and bill them accordingly?

Now your just stirring :hihi:

How many people will just not tell the council that their siblings have left home and keep them on the documentation as still residents of the property? Not sure how it all works really?

If someone is claiming housing benefit, and they state there are other people living in the property, then those people would be classed as 'non-dependent' and would be expected to contribute to the rent. The contribution is calculated depending on their income. The housing benefit would then be reduced to reflect the contributions from those occupiers.

If someone is claiming housing benefit, and they state there are other people living in the property, then those people would be classed as 'non-dependent' and would be expected to contribute to the rent. The contribution is calculated depending on their income. The housing benefit would then be reduced to reflect the contributions from those occupiers.
who sets these contibutions based on income rules ?i wonder if its someone who can screw the less well off/working man even more :suspect:

None would be able to buy a house and immediately claim on that scheme, nor is it ongoing, unlike social housing...
did people buy houses and claim miras or not ?(again subsided by taxpayers) and ill ask again should homeowners under occupying pay a window tax on their extra bedrooms just to be fair like :hihi::hihi::hihi:.(maybe this question should only be answered by people on benefits)

the condems in their wisdom think its ok to reduce benefit for people underoccupying:suspect:.should they also bring in a policy of charging homeowners who underoccupy a spare bedroom window tax just to even the score ? what do others think

I think you're about 10 months too late with this thread. I said ages ago that it's unfair and that homeowners should have similar constraints placed upon them.

Of course this will upset the usual rightwing bullys on here, we all know who they are. They're quite happy to push people around but when the issue is something that effects them they are the first to cry, cry the loudest and cry the longest.

Archived