Homeowners and bedroom/window "tax/charge"

you said this in page one "Not unless the home owner is having their house purchase subsidised by the state".

so what percent should we charge homeowners who bought houses through taxpayers help, who underoccupy their homes? and my answer to the second part of your quote "the argument for it is less strong than the argument for charging people who live in social housing extra for spare capacity" have you any figures to back up your claim ? btw dont come screaming on here when the condems get to tax homeowners for something similiar :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Any figures to back up a claim about the strength of an argument? I've no idea what kind of figures you might think exist, it's an opinion on the economic argument put forward by whoever I was quoting.

Re:schemes to help pay interest, maybe they should be adjusted to only pay the interest for the part of the house that is appropriately sized.

This certainly doesn't apply to the majority of home owners though does it.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 18:25 ----------

they dont do they ? but i can see what your doing :suspect: you and a few others on here knock tenants in under occupying houses but move the goalposts and find any excuse if something similiar were to happen to you :hihi::hihi::hihi: well done :clap:

We already pay plenty of tax, and don't begrudge it too much. Even the portion of it that goes to keep the social housing tenants in subsidised housing.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest that they live in an appropriately sized house and that since we already buy our houses and pay our tax no additional tax is appropriate for a home owner.

We already pay plenty of tax, and don't begrudge it too much. Even the portion of it that goes to keep the social housing tenants in subsidised housing.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest that they live in an appropriately sized house and that since we already buy our houses and pay our tax no additional tax is appropriate for a home owner.

i agree that people should live in a suitable sized house but that should be their choice and not the gov. the gov are using lack of housing as a cash cow to increase their coffers because they know that their isnt enough suitable housing to accomodate them so make them pay out of their benefits. but hey i bet that makes you feel good

i agree that people should live in a suitable sized house but that should be their choice and not the gov.

I don't see why it shouldn't be the governments choice when the government is paying for the house.

the gov are using lack of housing as a cash cow to increase their coffers because they know that their isnt enough suitable housing to accomodate them so make them pay out of their benefits. but hey i bet that makes you feel good

As long as people are willing to move then they shouldn't be charged, a lack of suitable housing should be the governments problem, not theirs.

I don't see why it shouldn't be the governments choice when the government is paying for the house.

As long as people are willing to move then they shouldn't be charged, a lack of suitable housing should be the governments problem, not theirs.

so if enough people moved into suitable accomadation and used up all that was there, should the people still be charged through no fault of their own? also it seems to many (on here) that this is a good idea from the gov pity these same people cant see the same when it comes to the mansion tax that was quickly swept under the carpet ?

Archived